Quota always shows unlimited

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Stelios, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

On 2 domains among many even though I setup quota to 4GB (several times) it always display those accounts as unlimited.
    Soft and hard limit is showing as unlimited and under 'Used space' there is no value.
    This is on a multi server setup.
    On the same server there are many other domains which are showing their values/limits correct.
    Any help on troubleshooting this is more than welcome.
    Thanks

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

It takes a while for that to update, it might even be a nightly cron job - how long ago did you set quota?

3. Stelios

Weeks....

4. Jesse Norell

You can check the filesystem quota set on cli via "repquota -a | grep web##" (whatever user corresponds to the site) .. I'd guess it must not be getting set, though it's possible it is set and just isn't getting reported to ispconfig. You can enable server debugging for that web server, change the quota for one of those domains, then run server.sh manually to trace what happens when trying to set the quota.

5. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

have you checked the client account limits?
    i don't think an individual website quota limit is actually applied (if set) if the client's total web limit is set as unlimited.

6. Stelios

@Jesse Norell the command doesn't display anything (repquota -a | grep web94). How can I enable the debugging on that server only?
    @nhybgtvfr the client's limit is set to 4GB.

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  8. Stelios

For some reason in fstab there wasn't the following entry:

usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0

After adding the above which script should I run in order to run and update users quota?

9. Jesse Norell

Ensure repquota shows a quota set, you may need to resync websites or edit an individual site in question to have the quota set. The quota stats are updated I believe nightly via a cronjob.

10. Stelios

Thanks a lot @Jesse Norell ,always answering to the point.
    When I resync websites it did work.