Quota FTP

Discussion in 'General' started by andypl, Mar 31, 2009.

1. andypl

andypl Member

Hi

I have problem with quota size on pure-ftpd, debian 5 lenny, ISPConfig 3.0.1.
    Set the Quota for website 100MB then customer adding ftp account with 1GB quota why ?
    Next problem is customer create ftp account with 1MB quota the connecting to ftp like this account and uploading 2MB files why? if this user have only 1MB quota ?

Best Regards

EDIT:

Ok i resolve problem with reading quota size by pure-ftpd.
    I still do not know why the customer can create account with ftp quota greater than the quota for the website

Solution to the problem of quota in the pure-ftpd:
    I comment this line and change option from quota_files != '-1' to quota_files = '-1' in mysql.conf and limits for ftp session is now ok.

What is the option and what it serves? - quota_files != '-1'

#MySQLGetQTASZ SELECT quota_size FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '2' AND quota_files != '-1' AND username="\L"
    MySQLGetQTASZ SELECT quota_size FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '2' AND quota_files = '-1' AND username="\L"

# Optional : ratios. The server has to be compiled with ratio support.

#MySQLGetRatioUL SELECT ul_ratio FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '2' AND quota_files != '-1' AND username="\L"
    #MySQLGetRatioDL SELECT dl_ratio FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '2' AND quota_files != '-1' AND username="\L"

MySQLGetRatioUL SELECT ul_ratio FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '2' AND quota_files = '-1' AND username="\L"
    MySQLGetRatioDL SELECT dl_ratio FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '2' AND quota_files = '-1' AND username="\L"

# Optional : bandwidth throttling.
    # The server has to be compiled with throttling support.
    # Values are in KB/s .

#MySQLGetBandwidthUL SELECT ul_bandwidth FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '2' AND quota_files != '-1' AND username="\L"
    #MySQLGetBandwidthDL SELECT dl_bandwidth FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '2' AND quota_files != '-1' AND username="\L"

MySQLGetBandwidthUL SELECT ul_bandwidth FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '2' AND quota_files = '-1' AND username="\L"
    MySQLGetBandwidthDL SELECT dl_bandwidth FROM ftp_user WHERE active = 'y' AND server_id = '2' AND quota_files = '-1' AND username="\L"

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You missed to configure your harddisk were you stored the files for Linux usrquota and groupquota as described in the perfect setup guides for ispconfig 3.

3. andypl

andypl Member

I do not think. I installed correctly quota
    my fstab:

/ dev/hda3 on / type ext3 (rw, usrquota, grpquota, errors = remount-ro)

v2: ~ # ls-la /
    total 109
    drwxr-xr-x 22 root root 4096 Mar 31 11:49.
    drwxr-xr-x 22 root root 4096 Mar 31 11:49 ..
    -rw ------- 1 root root 10240 Mar 31 12:25 aquota.group
    -rw ------- 1 root root 9216 Mar 31 23:06 aquota.user

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

But the quota system would not have allowed the user to store more files then and this is independant of all pureftpd settings. Something in your quota system seems not to be setup correctly.

5. andypl

andypl Member

It can scan the disk but it shows me like this

quotacheck -avugm
    quotacheck: Your kernel probably supports journaled quota but you are not using it. Consider switching to journaled quota to avoid running quotacheck after an unclean shutdown.

6. andypl

andypl Member

Ok this is a solution to the problem of quota under debian lenny with journaled quota
    - new kernel - without journal quote enable
    - edit the file fstab:
    / dev/hda3 / ext3 usrjquota = aquota.user, grpjquota = aquota.group, jqfmt = vfsv0, errors = remount-ro 0 1
    Maybe someone this solution helpful :)

7. andypl

andypl Member

Quota size determines the maximum size for one file is transferred to the ftp server for example, set 1MB quota but the customer can send 15 files of 0.5 M because the file size is less than 1M