Quota on ext3 /

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by carlosopenges, Jul 19, 2017.

1. carlosopenges

carlosopenges New Member

Hi all,

I have a vps at vps.net and they ought me to use one of their templates. I'm using the CentOs 7.x one. My goal is to have just one domain per server (VPS) and use ISPConfig 3 to manage everything.

I'm struggling with the quotas point. I wonder:
    - Can I, in my scenario, do not use quotas with the ISPConfig installation?. I don't need them.
    - If not, I have tried to follow https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7/html/Storage_Administration_Guide/ch-disk-quotas.html but after reboot i try 'quotacheck -cug /' and the response is:
    Code:
    [root@server1 ~]# quotacheck -cug /
    quotacheck: Cannot remount filesystem mounted on / read-only so counted values might not be right.
    Please stop all programs writing to filesystem or use -m flag to force checking.

My /etc/fstab:
    Code:
    #
    # /etc/fstab
    # Created by anaconda on Thu May 15 12:47:18 2014
    #
    # Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under '/dev/disk'
    # See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or blkid(8) for more info
    #
    /dev/vda1  /  ext3  defaults,usrquota,grpquota  $
    /dev/vdb swap swap defaults 0 0

I wonder what I have to do.

Cheers to all.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My understanding is using quotas with ISPConfig is voluntary. Just leave out the quota setup part of the ISPConfig setup and disk quota is not used.

3. carlosopenges

carlosopenges New Member

Thanks Taleman.
    But for future thread visitors, what do you suggest to do.

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I think having quota properly installed is good. You can still always allow full use of the spaces via ISPC when you create the website. If you are talking about multi webserver, you can just install the required softwares for it and leave softwares others like mail, data, dns etc to the main ISPC server or specific server for each.