Random issues during installs

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by TonyG, May 28, 2024.

1. TonyG

TonyG Active Member

The following errors were reported during installations on new Ubuntu v22.04 servers. The quick solution was to scrub the install and start with a new system. That is, my pattern for transient failures has been : Install new system, run auto-installer, reinstall on failure, repeat. When issues are consistent I'll spend time with them.
    I'm not reporting these as fully-defined issues, not asking for diagnoses or feedback. I'm just posting what I've seen in case someone else does a search or reports the same, for a bit of confirmation.

1)
    Code:
    Force configure pureftpd (y,n) [n]: y
    Configuring Pureftpd
    sh: line 1: /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/ChrootEveryone: No such file or directory
    sh: line 1: /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/BrokenClientsCompatibility: No such file or directory
    sh: line 1: /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/DisplayDotFiles: No such file or directory
    sh: line 1: /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/DontResolve: No such file or directory
    Configure DNS Server (y,n) [y]:
    2)
    Code:
    Ignore DNS check and continue to request certificate? (y,n) [n]:
    PHP Warning:  Undefined variable $issued_successfully in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/installer_base.lib.php on line 3319
    Could not issue letsencrypt certificate, falling back to self-signed.
    3) wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- ... --use-php=7.4,8.0,8.1,8.2,8.3 ...
    Adding multiple PHP versions always results in failures. --use-php=8.1 resulted in error from sury repo. --use-php=system always works.

4) wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --lang=en --no-web --no-mailman --no-roundcube --no-pma
    Still prompts for language, web, and to force mailman - not roundcube or pma. (Consistent)

5)
    Code:
    [INFO] Enabling apache modules.
    [INFO] Enabling default PHP-FPM config.
    [INFO] Setting default system PHP version.
    [INFO] Installing phpMyAdmin
    [WARN] Command curl -s https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/tools/-/raw/master/auto_update_phpmyadmin.sh -L -o /etc/cron.daily/auto_update_phpmyadmin && chmod +x /etc/cron.daily/auto_update_phpmyadmin failed. (/lib/os/class.ISPConfigDebianOS.inc.php:385)
    [INFO] HTTPoxy config.
    [INFO] Installing acme.sh (Let's Encrypt).
    [INFO] acme.sh (Let's Encrypt) installed.
    6) journalctl -xe after install:
    Code:
    May 27 21:49:07 xxx mariadb-server-10.6.postinst[17963]: 2024-05-27 21:49:07 0 [Warning] You need to use --log-bin to make --expire-logs-days or --binlog-expire-logs-seconds work.
    7)
    Code:
    PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "ip" in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/lib/installer_base.lib.php on line 2995

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) You enforced configuring pure-ftpd on a system that does not seems to have pure-ftpd installed, at least the folders are missing which are created by the Ubuntu pure-ftpd-mysql package. Therefore, the updater suggested not configuring it as the software was not found. By forcing it to do this, you produced that error. Do not enforce a operation if the software tells you not to do that.

2) PHP warning, I'll add that to the issue tracker.

3) I always install multiple PHP versions, never had an error. But I will see if I find a way to reproduce your issue.

4) Will check that.

5) Your system has problems accessing the internet.

6) Don't think that this is ISPConfig specific. More likely a general Ubuntu issue.

7) PHP warning, I'll add that to the issue tracker.

Please post this next time into the Dev forum. I'll move the post there now.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Regarding 3) As there seems to be issues when your system tries to access the internet, as we have seen in 5), then this can also explain why you have issues with additional PHP versions, as these come from an external repository, too.