rare let's encrypt problem

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by pinkfeet, Feb 22, 2019.

1. pinkfeet

pinkfeet Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

actually i'm been unable install let's encrypt in a problematic web domain. Let's Encrypt and ISPConfig are working well for all other web domains i have in use. With this domain Let's Encrypt seems doing his job well, ie, it resolvs the web domain correctly, creates the certificate and install it in /etc/letsencrypt/...etc, but ISPConfig doesn't modify the vhost file of this domain with the typical SSL stanza neither creates symbolik links in /var/www/domain/ssl/ for the recently created let's encrypt files.

I'd configured the server in DEBUG mode for study ISPConfig cron.log but i don't see anything more relevant than this:

Fri Feb 22 13:21:03 CET 2019 Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
    Fri Feb 22 13:21:03 CET 2019 Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None
    Fri Feb 22 13:21:04 CET 2019 Cert not yet due for renewal
    Fri Feb 22 13:21:04 CET 2019 Keeping the existing certificate
    Fri Feb 22 13:21:04 CET 2019 22.02.2019-13:21 - DEBUG - Let's Encrypt Cert file: does not exist.​

Could you be so kind to help me please ?

Thanks a lot,

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Seems as if somehow the LE might be stored under a different name or something like that, so that LE thinks the cert exists but ISPConfig can't find it. Did you check if the LE cert exists in /etc/letsencrypt ?

3. pinkfeet

pinkfeet Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi Till,
    thanks for your time.
    Both, Let's Encrypt and ISPConfig were working well.
    I overwrited /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/<domain>.conf in such manner i deleted ispconfig's hook. It has been my fault all the time, all is working perfect now.
    Thanks a lot

till likes this.
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thank you for explaining the reason for the issue and good to know that you were able to resolve it.