Raspberry pie auto installer

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mrbronz, Nov 27, 2023.

1. mrbronz

mrbronz Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi All
    Does the ispconfig 3 auto installer work with Raspberry Pie? If so what version of RP and Debian are required?

Many thinks for all input

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. The auto-installer does not support ARM CPUs yet.

3. mrbronz

Thanks Till,
    Any idea for an ETA, I would think it will depend on when sufficient arm files are compiled.

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I believe that there is no ETA for that but there are few threads on this already which seems hopeful, if not so helpful, to me at least.

I almost tried hertzner vm with arm by mistake then realized, that though I may be able to get it install, it could be hard to maintain such ISPConfig server, as there is no support yet, so I did not proceed.

I guess that is basically the only issue and may be when arm is more popular and supported better by various linux softwares, especially Debian / Ubuntu / RHEL, then maintaining ISPConfig softwares for such arm server may be easier / better.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It's on my todo list, there are just some minor issues. ISPConfig does not contain any compiled software, but the auto installer currently installs some packages that are not available for arm, but these packages are not critical (like rar file support for backups), so the solution will be mainly to disable rar support on arm systems and add some code in the installer to detect arm servers and skip the packages that are unavailable.

But you should be able to install on arm using the old-style manual perfect server guides, e.g. the one for Debian 12. and if a package is unavailable, just skip it.

6. mrbronz

I cannot imagine your list of things to do.

Thanks for the update Till

Ill keep an eye out for any updates

7. Strontium

Strontium New Member

mrbronz likes this.