rdiff-backup exceptions.ValueError with Etch and Lenny

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by danf.1979, Jul 27, 2007.

1. danf.1979

danf.1979 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi, my production is on Etch, and I have a backup server on Lenny. I had made a backup with rdiff some days ago, and it worked. But today, I tried to make an incremental backup, and rdiff-backup died with an exceptions.ValueError :S.

From lenny I runned:

Code:
    # rdiff-backup -v5 --print-statistics --exclude /tmp --exclude /mnt --exclude /media --exclude /proc --exclude /sys --exclude /dev --exclude /cdrom --exclude /floppy [email protected]::/ /home/backup/remote-backup

And this is what happened:
    http://www.pastebin.ca/raw/635777

As I said, the first time I runned the backup it finished with no errors. That was, maybe, 4 days ago. Yesterday, rdiff-backup was updated from 1.1.9-2 to 1.1.12-1 via aptitude. Today it failed.

Any help?

2. danf.1979

danf.1979 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Well, if someone is interested on a solution for this, I downgraded the lenny package to rdiff-backup from the stable distribution.
    For that, you'll have to modify /etc/apt/preferences
    Code:
    Package: rdiff-backup
    Pin: release 1.1.5*, a=stable
    Pin-Priority: 1001

Package: librsync1
    Pin: release 0.9.7*, a=stable

Package: python-pylibacl 
    Pin: release 0.2.1*, a=stable

Package: python-pyxattr 
    Pin: release 0.2.1*, a=stable

Those are the packages from stable, rdiff-backup and dependencies. You'll have to modify /etc/apt/sources.list also so to load etch packages with aptitude update.
    Uninstall rdiff-backup, and then install the stable version with aptitude install rdiff-backup.
    Then, reverse changes on /etc/apt/sources.list, but leave /etc/apt/preferences as it is. Don't touch it.