Read other mail accounts from Admin

Discussion in 'General' started by hblinux, Aug 27, 2017.

1. hblinux

hblinux New Member

Hi,

I have setup Ispconfig3 on Debian 8 in local network. Most of the things related to emails, are working fine.
    I have logged in as admin, but when I click on the email box near the delete button it does not open the mailbox of that user.
    upload_2017-8-27_17-15-45.png

Instead it opens a link ( {ip}:8080/webmail ) and gives the error as
    Not Found
    The requested URL /webmail was not found on this server.
    I tried installing on another clean install of Debian 8 but here also I get the same error.
    I can go to ( {ip}/webmail ) and login with created email user. But as admin, I can not go to users mail box directly using this link.
    I am not sure if I am making any mistake or do not know ways to access users mailbox as admin.

Thanks for all your help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to set the absolute URL starting with http:// of the installed webmail application under System > Interface > Main config.

3. hblinux

hblinux New Member

Thanks it worked.
    It can now open the webmail application window correctly but I still need to type username and password to go to user account. As a system admin, can I go directly to user mailbox from this link without typing username and password?

2) i can see mail queue log in but how to release the message in queue if it is on hold ( GUI option?) can i do it through ispconfig interface?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. Webmail is a normal IMAP email program, you have to enter the IMAP passwird to authenticate yourself.

No.