Real Awstats Required please :)

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Code5, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Code5

Code5 New Member

Ive asked this question a year back and still no result, sorry to say.

Awstats in ISPConfig is not right, its supposed to work on the fly or done via Cron each day yes. Its not suppose to generate .html files, and all options are supposed to be on the left providing real information for the enduser.

What we have at the moment seems to be somekind of cowboy job, yes i agree i cannot do better myself, but we need the proper thing.

ISPConfig 2.2.35 comes with it as standard and when it works the way it should do, it provides a more in depth result/s than Webalizer. It should also have a button to update stats so you can see results by the second or set a cron to update by time.

Basically what we have is crap...Come on you programmers, we want the proper package the way it should really work, options on the left, drop down box for dates & years...

IP`s which can be resolved properly, Country listings by name etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Come on peeps, sort it out and stop being cowboys about this, its a bloody simple program to use, but as im a noob with Linux i cannot perfect the way it SHOULD work, only on a Windows Server have i ever had it operate properly, and every bit of information was correctly displayed.

Sorry to be a moaner lol

2. dimitrivisser

dimitrivisser New Member

I think it is not so bad. AWstats has 2 ways to install. The first way is with a cronjob every day, the second way is with realtime stats.
    Ofcourse realtime stats are better for the user wanting to view the latest statistics about his website. But installing AWstats this way has also disadvantages. Every time a user wants to view his stats the logfile has to be read and statistics have to be made. This takes a lot of cputime. It can be even too much...I really prefer the way it is now.

In the past, before there was a AWstats package for ISPconfig I installed AWstats myself with realtime statistics. I do not remember how I did it, but I simply followed the instructions. I was a beginner at that time and had no problems installing it. If you are already waiting for a year, maybe you can give it a try yourself, it cannot be so difficult...

3. createch

createch ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

I personally also really prefer the way it is now << so that the CPU can speedily do other things which are relatively more crucial.

4. aleeza

aleeza New Member

sign post

Hi,

We are starting to get live IPv6 traffic from our customers, and will not be long before we have to support email and web servers on IPv6.

I know that all the underlying bits and pieces support IPv6, but we really like ISPConfig, and don't really want to go back to the old days of scripting everything

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You are aware that this thread is for the old ispconfig 2 controlpanel which has been replaced by ispconfig 3 several years ago? The current ISPConfig 3 supports IPv6 for years now.