Real-time support for GoAccess

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by customhost, Dec 6, 2020.

1. customhost

customhost New Member

Hi all,
    has anyone set up real-time log analyzing with ISPConfig's latest GoAccess integration? Or are there any plans to support this natively in a future version?
    Thank you in advance.

2. exynenem

exynenem Member

Hi
    I'm the person who added GoAccess support to ISPConfig and real-time log analyzing support is on my own preference/todo list but I can't give you any ETA (well possibly 2021/Q1) yet. Dunno about the other code contributors and if one of them would take over this job before I will the able to start on this.

3. customhost

customhost New Member

Looking forward to this - thank you for integrating GoAccess! I will just wait until Q1 then. Is there already a feature request for that?

4. exynenem

exynenem Member

Thanks buddy!
    However, Q1 is just a vague ETA since I'm doing this in my free/spare time without being paid.
    I've created an issue for this request: https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/-/issues/5955

5. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

afaik you need a service for each website with goaccess live data?
    as a work-around can change the schedule for 150-goaccess.inc.php to a different value as daily.

6. exynenem

exynenem Member

I've seen some users using systemd service files to provide the real-time feature and this is probably the better "best-practice" way in a hosting environment but I also think that service files aren't mandatory as far as what I could find out. Gotta check that out when I find more time for this feature.
    Changing the schedule as a work-around is most likely only advisable if not many websites are using GoAccess on the same server as a stats analyzer due to possible spikes in CPU usage and storage performance.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    customhost likes this.