real users emails with pop3

Discussion in 'General' started by H2SO4, May 24, 2009.

1. H2SO4

H2SO4 New Member

hi

i've some real system users on the server what use mailbox, but ispconfig use virtual users for email with maildir.
    if i send a mail to these users i can read in /var/mail/user1 ...user2 ...user3 but i'd like to get these emails too with pop3 without forward. :)

server1.example.com

[email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

can i get, how can i get ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not use Linux users for email mailboxes in ispconfig 3. But you can try to redirect the emails to a virtual mailbox with e.g. /etc/aliases.

If you want to use system users for email, use ispconfig 2 and not 3.

3. rdv25772

rdv25772 New Member

I think you need to add authpam to the authmodulelist variable in the authdaemonrc file in the directory /etc/courier/.

It should like : authmodulelist="authpam authmysql"

Please restart courier-authdaemon after you have change the file. You might also restart courier-imap, courier-imap-ssl, courier-pop and courier-pop-ssl. Please make a copy of the original file before you change anything.

I believe you will now be able to use pop3 for the real system user. You need to logon with just user1, user2 or user3 and their passwords.

All real system users do need their own Maildir directories. If they don't you will not be able to connect.

4. H2SO4

H2SO4 New Member

thx for your help, works fine.

this line need in /etc/postfix/main.cf
    Code:
    home_mailbox = Maildir/

cheers

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  5. rdv25772

rdv25772 New Member

Yep,

I have forgotten to tell that.:D