Receiving emails for domain1.tld, replacing domain part, resending to domain2.tld

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by pfaf, Oct 3, 2012.

1. pfaf

pfaf New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear all,

I would like to ask if anybody knows how to add an email alias domain that is not hosted on the ISPConfig server.

i.e. We have email domain1.tld which is hosted on an ISPConfig3 server.
    We don't want any mailboxes for this domain, nor do we want to create all email alias addresses.

We want to redirect all emails of domain1.tld to another domain2.tld
    and want the postfix server to receive the emails of domain1.tld, change the domain part and send it out to the corresponding domain2.tld. The part of the email address before the '@' sign should remain the same.

So, [email protected] should automatically become [email protected] and sent out to the mail server of domain2.tld.

Please notice that domain2.tld is hosted elsewhere and we do not have control of the other domain. We want to avoid creating aliases for new users, deleting aliases, etc.

Yes, I know this generates extra traffic, but I have seen and used a similar feature which CPanel provides and is very convenient for customers who have multiple email domains but only receive emails from one email domain.

Can anybody help?

We are running ISPConfig3 on Debian Sqeeze, Nginx, PHP-FPM, etc, based on the wonderful how-to by djh-compnet & falco. Check Tutorial: The Perfect Server – Debian Squeeze (Debian 6.0) With BIND, Dovecot & Nginx [ISPConfig 3]

Thank you all in advance.

Kind regards,

Panos.