Recipient address rejected: unverified address / Recipient address rejected: Access denied

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by HSorgYves, Oct 5, 2022.

1. HSorgYves

HSorgYves Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Since the update of ISPConfig 3.2.7p1 to 3.2.8p2 I have trouble receiving some mails; the error always looks like:
    Code:
    postfix/smtpd[xxx]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail.server.tld[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]: 450 4.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: unverified address: host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command); from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.server.tld>
    What should I check?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you reconfigure services during update?

3. HSorgYves

Yes, of course, master.cf also contains the 2 lines to overwrite address_verify_virtual_transport and address_verify_transport_maps from main.cf.
    I have however modified inet_interfaces in main.cf and listen in dovecot.conf to only include 127.0.0.1 and the ip addresses of the mail (smtp, pop3, ...) hosts.

4. till

Did you try undoing your modifications to see if it works then?

5. HSorgYves

Yes, I have
    * Set inet_interfaces = all in main.cf (instead of only a few IPs)
    * Set listen = * in dovecot.conf (instead of only a few IPs)
    I also tried to
    * Remove address_verify_virtual_transport and address_verify_transport_maps from main.cf
    Some mails got through. Some didn't (as far as I can see), I think the last action had most impact, but I undid that one again as I want to use all ISPConfig features.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  6. HSorgYves

7. till

N, I did not had that issue yet on my servers.

8. HSorgYves

It looks like removing address_verify_virtual_transport and address_verify_transport_maps from main.cf solved the problem, but is that a solution?