Recommended values for PHP-FPM Processes on 1gb vps with multiple websites

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lonerunner, Oct 24, 2015.

1. lonerunner

lonerunner Member

So i have one vps with 1gb ram and dual core and 30gb ssd (it's digitalocean vps), and i host about 20 websites on it, i didn't had any problems so far until i added a new client now, and on that site i constantly get an error, the other sites doesn't have any problems, i checked the logs and i see that there are too many children processes so i guess that make it unresponsive from time to time.

Here are the logs.

Code:
      [23-Oct-2015 19:48:32] WARNING: [pool web14] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 8 children, there are 0 idle, and 7 total children
      [23-Oct-2015 19:48:33] WARNING: [pool web14] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 16 children, there are 0 idle, and 8 total children
      [23-Oct-2015 19:48:34] WARNING: [pool web14] seems busy (you may need to increase pm.start_servers, or pm.min/max_spare_servers), spawning 32 children, there are 0 idle, and 9 total children
      [23-Oct-2015 19:48:35] WARNING: [pool web14] server reached pm.max_children setting (10), consider raising it
    In a guides that i read there are settings for

Code:
      PHP-FPM Process Manager
      PHP-FPM pm.max_children
      PHP-FPM pm.start_servers
      PHP-FPM pm.min_spare_servers
      PHP-FPM pm.max_spare_servers
      PHP-FPM pm.max_requests
    And my settings for each website are

Code:
      PHP-FPM Process Manager dynamic
      PHP-FPM pm.max_children 10
      PHP-FPM pm.start_servers 2
      PHP-FPM pm.min_spare_servers 1
      PHP-FPM pm.max_spare_servers 5
      PHP-FPM pm.max_requests 0
    What would be recommended settings so i don't overload a server and memory usage i currently have about 60-90mb of 1gb free memory constantly.