reconfigure rspamd removes redis password

Discussion in 'General' started by madmucho, Jun 17, 2020.

1. madmucho

madmucho Member

Hello,
    today i migrated two of my servers from amavis to rspamd, when i run reconfigure service using ispconfig update script my redis password from config file /etc/rspamd/local.d/redis.conf was removed.
    Code:
    password = "blabla";
    In my config i use password for redis instance. Is there any safe place in rspamd config where to put redis password and this place will not be overwritten in next ispconfig update ?

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

Copy install/tpl/rspamd_redis.conf.master from the installation sources to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/ and make your changes there. If that's a common practice to set a redis password (it certainly sounds like a good idea?) it would be worth logging an issue in gitlab to support that right in the installer, rather than requiring custom config for "everyone."

madmucho likes this.
  3. madmucho

madmucho Member

Thank you for point me to right way.
    I copy edited template file to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install
    runs php -q update.php from ispconfig install to reconfigure services and rspamd redis config is taken from template.
    works exactly what i want.
    I personaly think is better to have redis under passsword if runs in shared enviroment with lots of users, only service which known password can connect to localhost redis instance.