Redirect Issue

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Stefan Schumacher, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Hi,
    our good, old friend T-Online.de does everything in its power to make sending mails to its customers fast and easy. My mailserver has correct PTR entries for IPv4 and IPv6 as well as correct DKIM and SPF-Entries for the domain of the customer. But for T-Online this is not enough, the mailserver has to have an "Impressum" when you open it - either directly on the mail server or at an address to which it will be forwarded to. This should be a no-brainer after all we have a correct impressum on our main page which should fullfil all legal requirements. The problem: The redirection only works when opening https://mail1.consulting1x1.info in a private window in Firefox (To avoid cache issues). When opening http://mail1.consulting1x1.info (without the s) I am redirected to the Apache2 Debian Default Page on mail1. Please have a look at the following screenshots. How can I redirect Port 80 on mail1 to https://www.consulting1x1.info/impressum/
    1.png 2.png

Yours faithfully
    Stefan

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess one of the following might work:

a) Disable the apache default vhost:

a2dissite default
    service apache2 reload

b) Or choose the IP instead of * in the website settings. But be careful, if you host other sites you'll have to change it for all of them.

3. Unfortunately a) does not work as it should.
    root@mail1: a2dissite default
    ERROR: Site default does not exist!

4. till

Which OS do you use?

5. till

Try this command instead:

a2dissite 000-default

6. till

Works for me as well.

Stefan Schumacher likes this.
  7. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

This is a little bit confusing. You need a website with an imprint (Impressum) for the mail-server domain. And t-online does not check this site when you deliver your mail but you need such a sensless domain when you are on theire blacklist.

8. I agree: It is confusing :) In my experience with advanced spam filters it is enough for a server to be new, meaning it hasnt transfered a steady stream of well-formatted non-spam emails for at least five years to land on the grey or blacklist. Sending emails used to be so much easier. The challenge used to be configuring the email server (Sendmail) now it's getting other mail servers to accept your absolutely valid email.

Yours sincerely
    Stefan

9. till

Yes, it is becoming a nightmare to run or move mail systems. I had to change the IP of one of my mail systems last year because I switched to a new hosting system without being able to keep my good reputated old IP. It took me nearly 2 weeks to convince all major providers to accept emails from this 'new' IP address (which was not on any blacklist and had not run a mail system before), some providers block you because they don't know the IP yet, others block you because the email volume of the IP has changed (which should be obvious when a large existing mail server is moved to a new IP), others are even more special like out T-Online friends and so on.