Redirection, Alias, Subdomains, Folders ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by mcardo, Sep 25, 2009.

1. mcardo

mcardo New Member

I have seen it in other domain management panels (GPLHOST DTC) where, upon creating a subdomain, a folder is automatically created under the "/var/www" folder structure, an "A" record is created in the DNS and the browser shows "subdomain.domain.com" when browsing to it (NOT domain.com/subdomain)

1. I can create the DNS "A" records for the subdomains manually, that's not a problem.
    2. I can create the subdomain folder in the "/var/www" folder structure with the appropriate permissions, not a problem.

How can I get ISPConfig to show "subdomain.domain.com" when I browse to "subdomain.domain.com" ?

I have squirrelmail installed in "/var/www/webmail" and for me to access the squirrelmail page I have to browse to "server.domain.com/webmail" I have created a subdomain "webmail" and have redirection type "L" to "server.domain.com/webmail" hence the browser shows "server.domain.com/webmail" when I browse to "webmail.domain.com"

Thanks for the help! I could use some links from you guys... thanks again.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No need to create any folders manually in ispconfig. If you want to have a new folder for a subdomain, just create a new website and enter sub.domain.com in the domain field.

3. mcardo

mcardo New Member

How do I make squirrelmail install under subdomain "webmail" making the page "webmail.domain.com" ??

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009