reinstall ispconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by samoht, Jul 10, 2007.

1. samoht

samoht New Member

Hi at all, i need to know if is it possible to reinstall ispconfig with configuration running (like mailbox,domains,sites etc..) without loose anything.. because the system is corrupted, and i have lost the backup of db too, but all about the domains end etc it's ok!!
    fortunately apache is running also postfix therefore at the moment i'm save..
    Thanks..

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you lost the database, it is not possible to reinstall ISPConfig without loosing the configuration. ISPConfig is not able to reimport your current configuration from the apache, postfix and bind config files.

3. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The ISPConfig, installer creates a backup of the database within /tmp.
    Maybe, you have copy of your database which was created during your last update.
    It is possible that it's still there...

4. torusturtle

torusturtle ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Maybe you could back up your data, reinstall ISPConfig from scratch, configure everything manually but exactly the same way it was before and then use your backup to overwrite the web content and email files.

5. samoht

samoht New Member

thanks to all... in other words i have nothing to do...
    haven't any backup in the fiesystem...

6. samoht

samoht New Member

i have found this: /var/lib/mysql/db_ispconfig

can i use it to recover the new server?

if the answer is yes... how can i do?

thanks to all!!!

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That depends on the fact if the database contains the data or only the empty tables. Please check the database if e.g. your websites are listed in the table isp_isp_web.