Reinstall Postfix

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by inFw, May 15, 2007.

1. inFw

inFw New Member

Hello.

First of all, congratulations on the forums, they have been very helpful for me in the past.

My setup is a debian sarge upgraded to etch, with ISPconfig version 2.2.11 installed while still on sarge. I don't know if the "perfect setup" was followed, but since some things were breaking when I took control of the server, I doubt it.

Mail is not working. I'd like to completely uninstall the mail services and reinstall as well as reconfigure. My questions are:

1. Will ispconfig break if I do this?
    2. Which services must I uninstall? I'm guessing postfix, clamav, avahi and everything I see on /etc/init.d/ that's related to mail?
    3. Is it ok for me to follow the parts of "The Perfect Setup" that relate to my distro when reinstalling and configuring?

I hope I've given enough info, any questions just state them :)

inFw

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What exactly is not working? Are there any errors in your mail log (/var/log/mail.log)?

3. inFw

inFw New Member

/var/log/mail.log

No, I have no errors there but the server has been blacklisted as a spam server when I've sent a test e-mail to my account on gmail.

I've checked that through google for spam servers list and found that the ip is listed in http://cbl.abuseat.org/ .

So I think mail is not working properly since I was able to send mail, but it got listed as spam and I could not recieve mail.

I don't mind a reinstall of the mail services, I just can't afford ISPconfig to break in the process. : |

inFw

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If you're sure that your server isn't abused by spammers, ask cbl.abuseat.org to remove you from their blacklist. But they won't delist you if your server uses a dynamic IP address. Almost all dynamic IP addresses are blacklisted nowadays.