Reject Spam Messages

Discussion in 'General' started by luchs3, Sep 24, 2007.

1. luchs3

luchs3 New Member

Hi,

I would like to scan my Mails while they come in, just like the Exchange Server does and that they are rejected if they are spam.
    Is this possible with Postfix or Spamassasin?

Niko

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, postfix supports the scanning of email while email is received.

3. luchs3

luchs3 New Member

Will it be possible to manage this with ISP Config in the future?

I think it is mutch better than simply deleting the Mails, because of the Error Mesage for the possible good Mail sender.

4. till

ISPConfig 3 has advanced spam scanning features, but we dont use scanning during receivement process for performance reasons.

ISPConfig is not simply deleting the emails, by default it marks the emails so they can be sorted in the mailclient. ISPConfig 3 will add an additional on server quarantine.

5. luchs3

luchs3 New Member

Wouldn't it be better to let the sysadmin deside wich scan process is in use?

I would be very happy about this feature.
    It reduces the traffic for the user and there are no deleted Mails without an Error mesage (I know that the Server doesn't delete Mails but I think you know what I mean).

6. till

You can use before queue scan even with the current ISPConfig versions if you like, as this type of scanning does not allow user based customisations at all, so there is nothing that can be implemented in ISPConfig.