Related to Ispconfig & NGINX

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Akhilleus, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Akhilleus

Akhilleus Member

Hello

I have been using ISPconfig for quite a bit , everything working fine . I've started testing some streaming services that require Nginx installation. I have proceeded with the installation , after the installation ended , checking got 2 error :
    1) The site didn't load
    after reboot
    2) The site shows the welcome page of Apache.
    I was not able to restart Apache and neither Nginx . Definitely a port conflict .

I have been googling around and I have found the guide '' The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 18.04 (Nginx, MySQL, PHP, Postfix, BIND, Dovecot, Pure-FTPD and ISPConfig 3.1) ''.
    I have been reading and following the process and comparing it with the installation that I'm having right now , from this guide '' The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic Beaver) with Apache, PHP, MySQL, PureFTPD, BIND, Postfix, Dovecot and ISPConfig 3.1 ''

Basically it's the same , except from the point 8 : ''Install Nginx, PHP 7.2 (PHP-FPM), and Fcgiwrap''

My question it's here :
    1)With the actual installation that I'm having right now , is there anyway to implement the Nginx without reinstalling ISPconfig ?
    2)What are the missing features on the Nginx installation ?
    3) Is there any complete installation that include everything ? ( the most complete one with all the feature )

Thank you for your time

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

ISPConfig works for nginx or apache2 web server out of box. No official support for the mix of both.

There is a way to convert ISPConfig apache2 web server to nginx, do search for it if you wish to convert without reinstalling the whole ISPConfig server.

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You could install another ISPConfig host with nginx, adding it to your existing ISPConfig setup. So you have a multiserver setup. There was recently a thread in this forum by someone who did that.
    I believe this is the reasonable way to get both Apache and NGINX as web servers.