Relay access denied

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by martien, Dec 1, 2008.

1. martien

martien New Member

Hello. I installed and configured postfix wit courier and mysql accounts, but i have a little problem:
    When I try to send mail using postfix (i do that by telnet localhost 25) i successfully sent that mail to (for example my gmail account).
    The email actually sents and in my google mailbox i have it delivered. But when I try to reply/or to send mail to my virtual account and google tells me that:
    Does anyone have idea for this situation?

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

Your configuration is not working properly the virtual users are not being recognized

3. martien

martien New Member

But when i try to telnet localhost 110 and i successfully login with the virtual user. The problem is that i cant get mails. Maybe its the directory for vmail users, i don't know, but definitely the users are accepted. Some ideas? Do you want output of some files?
    EDIT:
    When i try to send mail from my gmail account here comes that in mail.log:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  4. topdog

topdog Active Member

port 110 is pop3 port it has nothing to do with this, your postfix configuration is incorrect please post your postfix main.cf.

5. martien

martien New Member

my main.cf looks like this:
    and now it tries to send me mail but postfix reject it cause it comes to myself (i mean this:
    ...relay=mail.<mydomain>[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]:25, delay=0.71... status=bounced (mail for mail.<mydomain> loops back to myself))

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  6. topdog

topdog Active Member

That is because you do not have virtual_mailbox_domains

7. martien

martien New Member

i will try it now, hope it works
    EDIT:well its the same. I added virtual_mailbox_domains, i added table and query in file. I included the file, reloaded postfix and its the same. The only thing was that postfix warned me that i have <mydomain> in virtual_mailbox_domains and in mydestination (that means the mysql query worked) then i removed <mydomain> from mydestination and its the same. Postfix rejects mails again. I think the error is somewhere with the accepted destinations.. but i can't find it..

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  8. martien

martien New Member

I found where the error is, but i dont have any idea what to do. Here is the thing: The error comes with the database when in the postfix_transport table i have <mydomain> with destination smtp:(<mail.mydomain>/<mydomain>/[xxx.xxx.xxx]/etc) and postfix bounces the incoming mails with <the value after smtp: in my database> loops back to myself. I readed some howtos and when i change it to maildrop: and the status for the incoming mails automatically was set to sent(delivered via maildrop service) so i found where the error is. So i have two choices: to look for smtp configuration or to look for maildrop configuration.. Any ideas what to do?