Release of ISPConfig 3 RC1 and feature freeze

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by till, Dec 27, 2008.

1. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Today the RC1 of ISPConfig 3 has been released:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29812

With the release of the RC1 there will be a feature freeze until the release of the final version. The planned release date of the final version is in january.

Please focus now on testing, bugfixing and the completion of the language files now.

Many thanks to all developers and testers that had worked so hard to make this release possible!

2. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

The current Dutch language file set is fine for ISPConfig 3.0.0.7 Beta, but i will adapt it to 3.0.0.8 RC1 before the release date.

3. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Holland is ready for the ISPConfig 3 release! Who's next?

Hi Till,

I've updated the Dutch language file set. It works fine with ISPConfig 3.0.0.8 RC1. You can download it here.

Some comments about the original English language file set:
    Within this language file set, i found some double entries.
    (Same $-variables but different text strings)

These are:

Line 92: $wb["delete_txt"] = 'Delete';
    Line 96: $wb["delete_txt"] = 'X';

Line 393: $wb["active_txt"] = 'Active';
    Line 408: $wb["active_txt"] = 'Active';

Line 1601 $wb["limit_client_error_notint"] = 'Client Limit is not a number.';
    Line 1635 $wb["limit_client_error_notint"] = 'The sub client limit must be a number.';

Line 1707: $wb["limit_client_txt"] = 'limit_client';
    Line 1718: $wb["limit_client_txt"] = 'Max. number of Clients';

I am not a programmer but i don't think this is how it should be.

4. till

Thank you for the updated language file set. I added the issue with the dupliacte variables to the bugtracker.

5. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

hello congratulations with you

Hello to all, I come to test under debian etch version RC of ISPConfig 3, is I am like all the world which one to test, to astonish

But, it misses things, but perhaps that in the version final, one will have them, but I would like listed the things, that for lack, is that one finds in version 2 but not in the 3

anonymous ftp
    To manage the spam with for example, to add " uribl"

The remainder for me is good, to see very well, but c' is true that, under firefox for example, when one to create a user, is I him but which must this connect in French, when I disconnect myself, is when I reconnecte with this user, it this connects in English, c' is not normal, but the remainder, is impeccable, frankly

I it test under gentoo, if it functions, because j' saw that in l' installation, there was a possibility of l' to install under gentoo

To still excuse me for this English badly included/understood, I relocate that by yahoo, here, in any case, j' am in a hurry which the version final fate, is as that I will test it under waiter real, because for the moment I it test in virtual machine

Congratulations with all, in Falko which I would like to meet one day, in Till is all the developers which make live this version that it is 2 which remains for me the, strong one, but that I believe that the 3 will be even stronger, I am count, because thanks to you, is I believe that Falko know me, thanks to ispconfig.be made the love of life of this version, then to continue is still thank you with you

To finish some, I wish you one happy new year 2009 with you all

MM ;);)

6. till

Will be added in a lter version.

ISPConfig 3 has laready a much finer grained spam protection then ispconfig 2 incl uribl.

gentoo is not fully supported and untestd. ISPConfig will not work properly with gentoo at the moment and it is not planned to add gentoo support until the first final version.

7. misterm

misterm Member HowtoForge Supporter

You are on you, Till

Hello Till, you is on you my friend, because when I sail in the repertory install, in the dist/config part, I find a file gentoo.conf.php, then that want to say that, that functions…

MM:confused:;)

8. till

This file is outdated and incomplete and you will not get a fully working install on gentoo.