Remoting issue: no data present after HTTP headers

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by krakoukas, Nov 9, 2007.

1. krakoukas

krakoukas New Member

I still have problems using 2.2.18 with remoting...
    My script tries to create a Client but exits on this error:
    "no data present after HTTP headers"

When I look in ISPconfig admin interface my client is created!!!

Who could help me finding out the way to bypass this error?
    Is it remoting client or server side (my script runs on my first ispconfig server and creates account on my second ispconfig server)?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please check the apache error log on the webserver were your client script runs and also the logs of the ISPConfig apache in /root/ispconfig/httpd/logs/

3. krakoukas

krakoukas New Member

Thanks for this clue.

On client side, I see no explicit errors, except:
    That is described in this forum as not really problematic (resulting of "SetOutputFilter PHP" and "SetInputFilter PHP" in /etc/apache2/vhosts/Vhosts_ispconfig.conf)

On the server side:
    - First 200 is remoting connection OK, then Client add gives a 500 error...
    But Client is created! My client script is fine as it works nicely on my first server...
    How could I debug more?

4. krakoukas

krakoukas New Member

500 Error hunting

Looking in error.log, I found this error:
    That could explain "Error 500" returned by apache?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  5. krakoukas

krakoukas New Member

6. teves

teves Member

Hi,

I am sorry to pick up an old thread, but though I searched the forum for quite a while I cannot find a solution for my problem.
    I try to get the remoting framework running and this is what I've tried so far:
    (Server is Debian Lenny with ISPConfig 2.2.32, Client is Windows 7 Ultimate with Xampp)

On the server...
    - I installed the latest version of the framework (4.2.1 beta)
    - I created a user/password and checked the actions I need.
    - I tested CURL on the server and assured that libxml is installed

On the client...
    - I downloaded the test script and put it in a web folder of my local XAMPP installation
    - I changed the script credentials and uncommented the 'client list' example
    - I enabled CURL on my XAMPP and restarted apache
    - after getting errors, I changed the class name of soapclient to soap_client and likewise the name of the constructor function

Now when I execute the script, I locally get the following message: "Error: HTTP Error: no data present after HTTP headers".
    At the same time on the server I get a " PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function xml_parser_create() in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_soap.obj.php on line 3256" error in the ~/ispconfig/httpd/logs/error_log.

I could not find a fix for that, though I guess it means some xml package is missing. Can someone give me a hint please?

Thank you very much!
    Kind regards, Tom

7. till

Please install the libxml2-dev package on your server. Without that package, php will be compiled without xml which results in that error. Then install the ispconfig 2.2.35 update to recompile the ispconfig php with xml.

8. teves

teves Member

Hello Till,

thank you for your answer.
    I have done the things you suggested and the outcome ist that now indeed I get no errors anymore.
    But the test script does not work. I just get the message "Script end ...". There are no errors on the server side either, as far as I could see.

A strange thing I noticed is the fact, that after updating ISPConfig to 2.2.35 I cannot see the remoting user I created in 2.2.32 anymore.
    When I create a new remoting user, it is not shown either.

When I execute the test script with wrong credentials I get the same "Script end ..." message - no errors.

Any suggestions?

UPDATE: I just found the solution: I re-installed the remoting plugin. now everything seems to work properly. Thank you very much!

Thank you very much!
    regards, Tom

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  9. till

You have to reinstall ther emoting plugin after the update.