Remove port number from ISPC admin URL

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Androidkid, Jan 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Androidkid

Androidkid New Member

Hi,

I have been asked by my employer to remove the port number from the ISPC 3.1 admin URL but I am currently stumped as editing Apache 2.4 on Debian 9.7, I tried mod_rewrite but it didn't work.

all edits to the Vhost crashed Apache so I have rolled it back to backup so it now works using the default url:8080

Any advise would be appreciated!

Regards,
    Shaun

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Change the port 8080 to 443 in the ispconfig.vhost file.
    2) Remove the listen directive fpr port 8080.
    3) Add a ServerName directive in the ispconfig vhost for the domain/subdomain that you want to use to access ispconfig in future.

Androidkid likes this.
  3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

There are 2 ways to go about that, either configure the ispconfig vhost with a servername on port 443, or leave ispconfig on port 8080 and add a vhost for port 443 which proxies the connection to 8080. To do the former try:
    Code:
    sed -i -e '/^\s*Listen/d' -e '/^\s*NameVirtualHost/d' -e 's/8080/443/g' -e "/ServerAdmin/a\\
      ServerName `hostname -f`\\
      IncludeOptional conf-available/ispconfig-*.conf" /etc/apache2/sites-available/ispconfig.vhost

service apache2 restart

That will change the live vhost configuration, but you also need to make that change to a conf-custom file so it is upgrade safe:
    Code:
    wget -O /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/apache_ispconfig.vhost.master https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/raw/stable-3.1/install/tpl/apache_ispconfig.vhost.master

sed -i -e "/ServerAdmin/a\\ 
      ServerName `hostname -f`\\
      IncludeOptional conf-available/ispconfig-*.conf" /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/apache_ispconfig.vhost.master

Note that you'll need to manually check for changes in the apache_ispconfig.vhost.master file every time you upgrade to see if you need to change your own conf-custom version, as ISPConfig does not currently have a way to track/compare those and notify you during upgrades. Usually (though not always) there aren't changes for 3rd level upgrades like 3.1.13 -> 3.1.14, but when 3.2 comes out you almost certainly will need to manually upgrade your conf-custom copy as well.

4. Androidkid

Androidkid New Member

Thank you Till, it's working great now and that was so simple!

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And please do what Jesse suggested about the conf-custom thing. Forgot to mention how you can make your change update safe :)