Removing a hosted site

Discussion in 'General' started by collimic, Aug 28, 2010.

1. collimic

collimic New Member

This might sound like a strange question but I am having problems removing web sites with ISPconfig2.
    Lets say I am hosting a site www.domain.ltd and then I have to remove it and lets say it takes database location web49. When I open the site and click on the delete button it will go away. Then I go to the DNS Manager and remove it from there as well. Once that is all gone I empty the recycle bin in ISP Config and it is all gone you would think. Once it is all said and done the web server restarts. when it tried to restart it fails. with errors like /var/www/web49/web missing.

Any ideas as to why it is not removing it from the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file?
    If I go and remove it manually for the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf and then issue the command /etc/init.d/apache start it will start. but if I do not manually remove the entries from Vhosts_ispconfig.conf it will always give the error /var/www/web49/web is missing and will fail.

Any help would be great.

Also is there a way to recycle the web## so when I do get a site to delete if I have a web48 and a web50 it takes the web49 again?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. collimic

collimic New Member

ok I got it updating the Vhost file again. Thank you till.
    1 more question if I may. Is there a way to recycle the web## If I delete site 48 (web48) and I create a new one it might take something like web85 and it leaves web 48 blank from now on. I have a few sites that have had to be recreated after deletion and it take the next number. Is there a way to fix that do it uses the next available and not the next in line.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

These numbers are the auto increment values from mysql, they can not be reused.