Removing a server from multiserver installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kaostc, Jun 24, 2024.

1. kaostc

kaostc Member HowtoForge Supporter

What is the best/right procedure to do that?
    Thanks a lot.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Remove all websites, dns records, databases and email domains etc. for that server first. Then remove it from System > server services list. Finally, take care to either shutdown the server or at least comment out the cronjobs in root crontab of the server so that it stops connecting to master server.

3. kaostc

Nothing to do in master server?

4. till

This is all on the master server:

Besides that, you can remove the ispcsrv[ID] and root user for that slave in master mysql server.

5. kaostc

Thanks a lot, a lovely simple process, congrats!!

6. kaostc

Trying to follow the process, I get a lot of pending operations that never execute (71).
    Following this: https://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugging-ispconfig-3-server-actions-in-case-of-a-failure/ found this errors when I manually execute server.sh:
    Code:
    4.06.2024-08:40 - DEBUG [plugins.inc:155] - Calling function 'check_phpini_changes' from plugin 'webserver_plugin' raised by action 'server_plugins_loaded'.
    24.06.2024-08:40 - DEBUG [server:177] - Found 71 changes, starting update process.
    24.06.2024-08:40 - WARNING - Falsche Anfrage / Wrong QuerySQL-Query = REPLACE INTO `web_domain` (`domain_id`,`sys_userid`,`sys_groupid`,`sys_perm_user`,`sys_perm_group`,`sys_perm_other`,`server_id`,`ip_address`,`ipv6_address`,`domain`,`type`,`parent_domain_id`,`vhost_type`,`document_root`,`web_folder`,`system_user`,`system_group`,`hd_quota`,`traffic_quota`,`cgi`,`ssi`,`suexec`,`errordocs`,`is_subdomainwww`,`subdomain`,`php`,`ruby`,`python`,`perl`,`redirect_type`,`redirect_path`,`seo_redirect`,`rewrite_to_https`,`ssl`,`ssl_letsencrypt`,`ssl_letsencrypt_exclude`,`ssl_state`,`ssl_locality`,`ssl_organisation`,`ssl_organisation_unit`,`ssl_country`,`ssl_domain`,`ssl_request`,`ssl_cert`,`ssl_bundle`,`ssl_key`,`ssl_action`,`stats_password`,`stats_type`,`allow_override`,`apache_directives`,`nginx_directives`,`php_fpm_use_socket`,`php_fpm_chroot`,`pm`,`pm_max_children`,`pm_start_servers`,`pm_min_spare_servers`,`pm_max_spare_servers`,`pm_process_idle_timeout`,`pm_max_requests`,`php_open_basedir`,`custom_php_ini`,`backup_interval`,`backup_copies`,`backup_format_web`,`backup_format_db`,`backup_encrypt`,`backup_password`,`backup_excludes`,`active`,`traffic_quota_lock`,`proxy_directives`,`last_quota_notification`,`rewrite_rules`,`added_date`,`added_by`,`directive_snippets_id`,`enable_pagespeed`,`http_port`,`https_port`,`folder_directive_snippets`,`log_retention`,`proxy_protocol`,`server_php_id`,`jailkit_chroot_app_sections`,`jailkit_chroot_app_programs`,`delete_unused_jailkit`,`last_jailkit_update`,`last_jailkit_hash`,`disable_symlinknotowner`) VALUES ('52','1','33','riud','ru','','9','*','','ciatbt.com','vhost','0','name','/var/www/clients/client32/web52','','web52','client32','-1','-1','n','n','y','0','1','www','php-fpm','n','n','n','','','','y','y','y','n',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'','',NULL,'','',NULL,'awstats','All',NULL,NULL,'y','n','ondemand','10','2','1','5','10','0','/var/www/clients/client32/web52/web:/var/www/clients/client32/web52/private:/var/www/clients/client32/web52/tmp:/var/www/ciatbt.com/web:/srv/www/ciatbt.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom',NULL,'daily','7','tar_bzip2','bzip2','n','','','n','n',NULL,NULL,'','2024-02-13','admin','1','n','80','443',NULL,'10','n','21',NULL,NULL,'n',NULL,NULL,'n') -> 1054 (Unknown column 'disable_symlinknotowner' in 'field list')
    PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "hostname" in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/app.inc.php on line 324
    PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "hostname" in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/app.inc.php on line 324
    24.06.2024-08:40 - ERROR - Replication of datalog_id: 2421 failed. Error: (web_domain) in MySQL server: (localhost) Unknown column 'disable_symlinknotowner' in 'field list' # SQL: REPLACE INTO ?? (??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??,??) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
    24.06.2024-08:40 - DEBUG [modules.inc:177] - Replicated from master: REPLACE INTO `web_domain` (`domain_id`,`sys_userid`,`sys_groupid`,`sys_perm_user`,`sys_perm_group`,`sys_perm_other`,`server_id`,`ip_address`,`ipv6_address`,`domain`,`type`,`parent_domain_id`,`vhost_type`,`document_root`,`web_folder`,`system_user`,`system_group`,`hd_quota`,`traffic_quota`,`cgi`,`ssi`,`suexec`,`errordocs`,`is_subdomainwww`,`subdomain`,`php`,`ruby`,`python`,`perl`,`redirect_type`,`redirect_path`,`seo_redirect`,`rewrite_to_https`,`ssl`,`ssl_letsencrypt`,`ssl_letsencrypt_exclude`,`ssl_state`,`ssl_locality`,`ssl_organisation`,`ssl_organisation_unit`,`ssl_country`,`ssl_domain`,`ssl_request`,`ssl_cert`,`ssl_bundle`,`ssl_key`,`ssl_action`,`stats_password`,`stats_type`,`allow_override`,`apache_directives`,`nginx_directives`,`php_fpm_use_socket`,`php_fpm_chroot`,`pm`,`pm_max_children`,`pm_start_servers`,`pm_min_spare_servers`,`pm_max_spare_servers`,`pm_process_idle_timeout`,`pm_max_requests`,`php_open_basedir`,`custom_php_ini`,`backup_interval`,`backup_copies`,`backup_format_web`,`backup_format_db`,`backup_encrypt`,`backup_password`,`backup_excludes`,`active`,`traffic_quota_lock`,`proxy_directives`,`last_quota_notification`,`rewrite_rules`,`added_date`,`added_by`,`directive_snippets_id`,`enable_pagespeed`,`http_port`,`https_port`,`folder_directive_snippets`,`log_retention`,`proxy_protocol`,`server_php_id`,`jailkit_chroot_app_sections`,`jailkit_chroot_app_programs`,`delete_unused_jailkit`,`last_jailkit_update`,`last_jailkit_hash`,`disable_symlinknotowner`) VALUES ('52','1','33','riud','ru','','9','*','','ciatbt.com','vhost','0','name','/var/www/clients/client32/web52','','web52','client32','-1','-1','n','n','y','0','1','www','php-fpm','n','n','n','','','','y','y','y','n',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'','',NULL,'','',NULL,'awstats','All',NULL,NULL,'y','n','ondemand','10','2','1','5','10','0','/var/www/clients/client32/web52/web:/var/www/clients/client32/web52/private:/var/www/clients/client32/web52/tmp:/var/www/ciatbt.com/web:/srv/www/ciatbt.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom',NULL,'daily','7','tar_bzip2','bzip2','n','','','n','n',NULL,NULL,'','2024-02-13','admin','1','n','80','443',NULL,'10','n','21',NULL,NULL,'n',NULL,NULL,'n')
    24.06.2024-08:40 - ERROR - Error in Replication, changes were not processed.
    24.06.2024-08:40 - DEBUG [server:217] - Remove Lock: /usr/local/ispconfig/server/temp/.ispconfig_lock
    finished server.php.

Any idea what can be happening?

7. till

You get the errors on which server and at which step of the process?

8. kaostc

I went to slave server that I modified (removing sites, databases, etc). I disabled cron execution of server.sh and launch server.sh manually, and get this output. I followed the steps on the article linked y my last post.
    Thanks.

9. till

Running server.sh manually makes no sense as this slave has been removed, it can not work anymore at that stage. Also, there can not be any pending processes anymore if you follow the instructions step-by-step as you removed the sites from the master before already.

10. kaostc

I just removed sites, databases, and database users related to server, and it generates lot of task, which still pending, so I did not removed the server from multiserver installation yet (I want to do it when all the tasks finish).
    As they did not finish, I started to troubleshoot this, and followed the article.
    So the server still tied to the multisite installation.

11. till

Ok, so the server you tried to remove must have been broken before you started removing it, as otherwise, the pending tasks would have finished. Running server.sh on the server that gets removed makes not much sense then, I guess. Removing the server from master should stop the pending tasks to be displayed. But you should make a backup of the ispconfig database on the master before you delete it, e.g. by using phpmyadmin.

12. kaostc

Removed, and pending tasks gone. So I can consider the process as finished, as far I understood.
    Thanks a lot.

Th0m likes this.