Renew Lets Encrypt Certificate manually - once

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Christoph80, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Christoph80

Christoph80 New Member

Hi there!
    one of my pageusers told me, that I've a problem with my certificate -> Chain issues -> Incomplete (checked with https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html) It seems to me, that very old browsers have a problem with the issue.
    I've seen that the certificate was renewed 4 days ago - september the 3rd. Is there a simply way to -renew manually?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

What certificate is it? ISPConfig supports Let's Encrypt certificates and renews them automatically.
    If the certificate was renewed 4 days ago, and the renew was successful, would manual renew make it any better?

3. Christoph80

Christoph80 New Member

Yes, ISPConfig renewed my certificate automatically several times without problems - since more then a year. But now the certificate has the issue with an incomplete chain. Don't know why, don't know how. Maybe I just have to wait until the next "auto-renew" will come up. But maybe I can try it now, without waiting until december. In fact: Users of IE10 with Windows Vista can't use my page. All other domains haven't the problem.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

This could be caused by using certbot above version 29 with old ISPConfig that hasn't fix its webroot / webpath issue. If so, try updating ISPConfig and reissue LE certs by untick and retick LE at the website's settings thereafter.

5. Christoph80

Christoph80 New Member

Hey @ahrasis - thanx for replying. I've already the current version 3.1.15 of ISPConfig installed, stable.

6. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Check LE renewal conf file for the site's domain after untick and retick LE option box. If it has webroot path for the domain, I think you are good to wait for December renewal then.

7. Christoph80

Christoph80 New Member

Just 4 the records: A simple untick and "re-tick" LE-Checkbox solved my problem. Thanks 4 your help.

ahrasis likes this.