Replace PHP 7 with PHP 7.1, using the 16.04 VM Image

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by MITDK, Feb 2, 2017.

1. MITDK

MITDK New Member

Hi,
    Just paid for the 1 month subscription, and downloaded and installed the VM OVF template.

However, it is not updated for the 16.04 Ubuntu Apache version.
    My questions are: Should I replace PHP 7.x with 7.1? If yes, how? Or add additional version?

Also, which other passwords do I need to change, than ISPConfig admin, SSH root, and DB root?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There are no changes needed, the image and tutorial are still up to date. Just run:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

as usual to update the system and run:

ispconfig_update.sh

to get the latest ispconfig files.

ISPConfig requires the PHP version that ships with the OS and that is the one which is installed in the image. If you would replace it with PHP 7.1, then ISPConfig will stop working.

The password of the Ubuntu "administrator" user needs to be changed too.

3. MITDK

MITDK New Member

Thanks,
    I've alread done all the steps you've suggested :)
    I've tried to find an tutorial for adding PHP 7.1, can I use the same tutorial for Debian?

4. till

Yes, I guess that should work. The compile steps for additional PHP versions are always the same, just the installation of the dependencies might differ due to different package names in debian and ubuntu versions. So in case that you get an error in the apt-get install .... commands of the debian guide, then took the ones from this guide instead https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-install-php-5-6-on-ubuntu-16-04/ and then proceed with the steps from Debian for php 7.1.

5. MITDK

MITDK New Member

6. till

did you try this apt command to install the dependencies?

apt-get install libfcgi-dev libfcgi0ldbl libjpeg62-dbg libmcrypt-dev libssl-dev libc-client2007e libc-client2007e-dev libxml2-dev libbz2-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libjpeg-dev libpng12-dev libfreetype6-dev libkrb5-dev libpq-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev

7. MITDK

MITDK New Member

Done.
    But still unable to do "./configure --help", no such file or directory .. @ /opt/php-7.1

8. till

There must be a configure script when you downloaded the php sources. Maybe you are in a wrong directory now, go to:

cd /usr/local/src/php7-build/php-7.1.0/

and there run:

Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/opt/php-7.1 --with-pdo-pgsql --with-zlib-dir --with-freetype-dir --enable-mbstring --with-libxml-dir=/usr --enable-soap --enable-calendar --with-curl --with-mcrypt --with-zlib --with-gd --with-pgsql --disable-rpath --enable-inline-optimization --with-bz2 --with-zlib --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-pcntl --enable-mbregex --enable-exif --enable-bcmath --with-mhash --enable-zip --with-pcre-regex --with-pdo-mysql --with-mysqli --with-mysql-sock=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-png-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-openssl --with-fpm-user=www-data --with-fpm-group=www-data --with-libdir=/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-ftp --with-imap --with-imap-ssl --with-kerberos --with-gettext --with-xmlrpc --with-xsl --enable-opcache --enable-fpm
    and check if it finished without an error before you proceed with make and make install.

9. MITDK

MITDK New Member

I don't have that subfolder.
    At /usr/local/src/php7-build directory only includes an php-7.1.0.tar.bz2 file?

10. till

Then you might have missed to run this command from the tutorial:

tar jxf php-7.1.0.tar.bz2

to unpack the file.