Replicating branch office server

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by victux, Oct 21, 2009.

1. victux

victux New Member

Hello everybody,

I've posted this on CentOS forum as well, but figured it might be better to post it here.
    I've been reading a lot of the How-TOs over here at HtF since I'm pretty new to Linux and I'm finding them all VERY helpful! Thank you!

Anyway, here is the "problem" I'm having:

(I have added a picture at the bottom so you will understand how I mean)
    I want to have one server at the main office which has the mail, dns, dhcp, directory, file and all necessities. This server will be backed up in the first stage to HDD but then on a regular schedule taped. What I also want it to do is to replicate our branch office. What makes me wanna virtualize this is that I want the branch server replicated to look exactly the same as the main server, so if anything is changed on either of the two, they will update. So in case of the branch server (which always should be the "main" one) goes down the users will be able to use the replicated on the main server and I will be able to recover it from scratch on a new branch server (with similar hardware ofcourse), while the users on the branch office still can use "their server", even though it will take more time.

And I will make the backups on the main server AND the branch server from the main server. I think I included all my ideas, let me know if anything is unclear. I know it was a lot of babble :p
    [​IMG]

I hope somebody could help me out with this :D

Thanks in advance,
    victux