Replication

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by FredZ, Jul 13, 2010.

1. FredZ

FredZ Member

I would like to see replication happen without the need for a single database. This means a single management console for all the ISPConfig servers within your cloud. Each server is in its own right a stand alone server. Include scripts that can copy content to the backup/slave server/s.

The object here is that should the master server become unavailable for any reason the backup/slave servers will be available. Content may or may not be available depending on configuration.

Regards

Fred

2. damir

damir New Member

This is possible with ISPConfig3. Install control panel as master and than separate email, web, dns and database on slave servers. Slaves than joins master.

3. FredZ

FredZ Member

Where are the docs that so me how this is done?

4. damir

damir New Member

There is no documentation available yet but there are hundreds of forum threads that are covering ISPConfig 3 multiserver installation.

5. FredZ

FredZ Member

Thanks for that.

It is fantastic that ISPConfig3 seems to have some of the function I require, in fact it may have all the function, but I can't know if it isn't documented, nor can I implement it without documentation.

I will come back in another year and see if ISPConfig3 has matured enough.

Regards

Fred

6. damir

damir New Member

In a way i agree with you but try it anyway. Download and run it as virtual appliance. That is the best way of learning. Document everything on the way and at the end you have full documentation of the things that are of your interest.

We are always here to help you. Documentation is coming but when, is more harder to say.

7. abubin

abubin New Member

well..put it this way....this software is free. It is offered free in exchange for beta testers. People test/use it find bugs and feature requests and make the software better. In time, I will not be surprised if there are a paid version with full support and all.

If you are willing to pay, I am sure someone is willing to setup the whole thing for you.

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig 3 is open source software released under the BSD license. It is not a beta of a commercial product.

ISPConfig is also fully supported, see support options, prices and contact information on the ispconfig.org support page.