Requirements for FTP Traffic and Web Traffic

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dioobr, Feb 8, 2017.

1. dioobr

dioobr New Member

Hello,

I have an installation of ISPConfig 3.1 on CentOS, using NGINX and PureFTPD. At the moment, it only shows "NAN". What the requirements for FTP Traffic and Web Traffic?

Thank you!

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I believe just generate some traffic and wait a bit, the stats aren't real-time.

3. dioobr

dioobr New Member

But it requires webalizer, for example? I see now that "Web Traffic" is displaying results, but "FTP Traffic" remains the same, even already transferred many files over the last few days.

4. dioobr

dioobr New Member

Some weeks later and nothing... what's wrong?

Attached Files:

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I don't know what's wrong offhand, it's always just worked (with a bit of delay in processing stats).

I don't think the ftp stats require webalizer, but not positive. Checking the server here, I see /etc/pure-ftpd/conf/AltLog contains:
    Code:
    clf:/var/log/pure-ftpd/transfer.log
    And that transfer.log is storing byte counts for files transferred - my guess is there's probably a cronjob that parses that, adds up stats and saves them to the database. A very quick search finds that cronjob looks to be at /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/cron.d/200-ftplogfiles.inc.php. Maybe debug your ispconfig cron jobs and see what's going on? (@florian030 has posted a short/easy how to do that a few times)

6. dioobr

dioobr New Member

I did it, but continue without displaying results.