Reroute spam to different mailbox?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by farao, Sep 15, 2005.

1. farao

farao New Member

Hi all,

I've setup ISPConfig on a testmachine, and really like the functionality (it's a bit awkward that I have to have unique users across different domains though, instead of real virtual users, but ok, I guess I'll have to learn to live with that).
    However, I would like to redirect my received spam to a subfolder in the users mailbox, so the main inbox stays clear of spam, but it's easy to access the spam for false positives. Is there a way to do this?

I found the link below, outlining how to redirect mail based on the spam-header, but instead of redirecting or simply rejecting, I want it to land in a different mailbox

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80

Thanks, Farao

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

At least in the current version. It is planned to change that in later versions.

You can change the procmail recipe that handles the spamassassin integration.

The best way is to cahnge the master template that ISPConfig uses to generate the procmail recipes.

/root/ispconfig/isp/conf/spamassassin.rc.master

If you replace the lines:

Code:
    {SPAM_COMMENT}:0:
    {SPAM_COMMENT}* ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
    {SPAM_COMMENT}/dev/null
    with:

Code:
    :0:
    * ^X-Spam-Status: Yes
    $MAILDIR/.spam
    all mail is redirected into the spam folder of this user which is accessible with IMAP.

3. farao

farao New Member

Thanks! I'll give it a go asap!

sideline: when is that future version with true virtual users planned?

By the way, i *LOVE* the snappy responses in this forum!

Thanks again, Farao

4. till

I think it is something for a 3.0 release. A large amount of code has to rewritten for this so it will take some time. If more developers will join this project it will be earlier :D

5. farao

farao New Member

Is this the only setting I need to modify? I don't see a .spam-folder created in the Maildir for the specified user.

I now have the following settings:
    mailscan YES
    spamcheck YES
    anti-virus YES
    Rewrite header YES

and I've changed the procmail like you said (easy enough...).
    Do I need to create the .spam-folder manually? Or am I suddenly off the spamlists (if only...)

Thanks, Farao

6. till

You need to create the .spam folder manually.