Reseller & FTP profile

Discussion in 'General' started by vaio1, Jun 23, 2008.

1. vaio1

vaio1 Member

Hi all,

Exist one Ftp account for the Resellers after the creation of a reseller profile?

The target is show all the domains in the ftp client.

Regards

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No. It is not possible to have this in ISPConfig, the reseller is just a virtual construct in ISPConfig, the reseller does not has a corresponding linux user.

3. vaio1

vaio1 Member

So, how a reseller must manage 20 domains? Has he login to each domain by the clients' account?

If there is no way to see all the folders of the own clients how he has to do?

Regards

PS: Till, please reply my private message.

4. till

It is not intended that a reseller sees or manages the contnet of the websites and folders of its clients. The reseller is just there to create clients and websites, the content is managed by the administrators of the sites and not the reseller.

5. vaio1

vaio1 Member

Right, but when you have to setup 20 domains in once, you need a way to upload the various backups folders and usually the clients are not always expert developers or web administrators.

So, I suggest to create a way, I don't know how, but a way to manage all the folders of the resellers account in once profile: the reseller ftp profile.

thanks

6. till

Thats not possible in ISPConfig 2 for technical reasons, as every FTP user can have just one home directory.