Resource / Metric / Consumption / Overage Billing

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Wade John Beckett, Oct 14, 2024 at 2:29 PM.

1. Wade John Beckett

Wade John Beckett Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    I trust you are well.

Does the ISPConfig Billing Module allow for billing based on resource / metric / consumption / overage of resources? Specifically disk usage?

My current WHMCS/Plesk setup example is as follows:
    • Base subscription includes 10 GB SSD storage.
    • Subscription consumes 20 GB SSD storage, and WHMCS bills the client for the extra 10 GB on top of the recurring base plan.

Is this possible with the ISPConfig billing module?

If not, is it planned for the future?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, the billing module creates invoices based on resources a client has ordered, which means the Billing module bills the client based on the assigned template plus the addon templates. For example, if you have a base template with 10GB storage, then the client will be billed for that. If you have a base template of 10GB storage plus you added an additional template with +10GB Storage, then the Billing module bills the client for 20GB. It does not matter how much storage the client uses. He gets billed for the space he ordered, and he can not exceed that space.

Currently, I do not plan to add billing based on resource usage.

3. Wade John Beckett

Thank you for the reply.

What happens if the client reaches their storage limit? Do the services stop functioning?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Depends on the service. If he reaches his email storage limit, he will not be able to receive more emails. If he reaches his web storage limit, his website will likely continue to work, he just can not upload more files. In any case, he gets warnings before any limits get reached, so he can reach out to you and book more resources. Or delete files/emails.

Wade John Beckett likes this.
  5. Wade John Beckett