Restore Site Backup did not work as expected

Discussion in 'General' started by yasine, Jun 28, 2024.

1. yasine

yasine Member

I manually created a backup of the files and database, and upon attempting to restore it, I noticed that while existing files are successfully overwritten, the process does not delete files that were added after the backup or restore files that existed before the backup. I don't believe this is a write permission issue since the existing files are overwritten without any problems. I would appreciate a new feature that confirms the backup has been fully restored.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

According to your description, you do not have an issue with restoring a backup because files that got added after you created the backup will not get deleted when you restore a backup. Restoring a backup means that files from the backup place get copied back to their original location, and that's what happened and that's what you could expect. Other files, not those from the backup, will not be affected by that process. If you want to delete files from your website, then you must delete these files. Restoring a backup is not an alternative to deleting files.

mangoldwen, yasine and ahrasis like this.