Restore site

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Stelios, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Stelios

Stelios Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi all,

If I restore a site from backup is it going to restore all its settings including the SSL?
    I'm asking as I mess with a move to Cloudflare and SSL is not working at all; it always fails when I try to renew it with "The following renewal configurations were invalid".
    I guess because I tried to renew it also directly from certbot.

2. Stelios

I tried to restore it from backup, nothing happens. Disabeld ssl, enabled it again and is not able to move on to setup correctly the letsencrypt.
    I always get

The following renewal configurations were invalid:
    /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/mydomain.com-0001.conf
    /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/mydomain.com.conf
    /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/www.mydomain.com.conf

Any help how to remove completely and install a new SSL on that as the site is down with a ERR_SSL_VERSION mismatch etc.

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, the backup contains the website data and not the configuration of the website.

That's nothing where a backup restore of the site is useful. So do yot restore a backup, you might lose recent data doing this!

You can not use Let's Encrypt SSL in websites when you use CloudFlare proxy as CloudFlare blocks requests to the .well-known folder. If you want to use CloudFlare proxy, create a self-signed SSL cert for the site instead and then configure CloudFlare to not use strict SSL validation. The SSL cert that your customers see is from CloudFlare anyway and the internal connection between CloudFlare and your system is secured by the self-signed SSL cert.

5. Stelios

Removing from terminal with certbot the old ones worked afterwards.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024