Restoring a Backup files manually

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by DonMcCoy, Oct 16, 2016.

1. DonMcCoy

DonMcCoy New Member

Hello Guys,

Recently my Ubuntu server crashed and i've had a full system image.
    but the problem that i couldn't easily restore it, because I've changed the system to Debian Jessie which I'm so satisfied with it currently.

so i went through the restore process manually with copying the old databases and build them again (/var/lib/mysql files) because unfortunately i have them only as lib files not .sql files so finally i get this to work and the new ISPConfig interface connected successfully to the old database and shows all the information properly.

now copying the clients web data (/var/www/clients), here i got a couple of questions:
    1. what is the most efficient way to get ISPConfig to recreate the users (webX) and the groups (clientX) in system accordingly, as it's stored in ISPConfig Database, should i do a package reconfigure or run ISPConfig update command so it can recreate the users and groups in system, or go through this manually?
    2. now for the /var/www/clients/clientx directories should i reassign their ownership and permissions manually or maybe luckily ISPConfig will fix this with update function?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Omar

2. DonMcCoy

DonMcCoy New Member

EDIT:

I have fixed this by doing a change in website panel in ISPConfig and save so cron will re-launch and recreate the user and group for this website accordingly, and will also Enable it's .vhost in Nginx (Thanks guys for this smart programming).

this one unfortunately i've done it manually by chown webX:clientY to the directories cgi-bin, private, tmp and web.