Restoring Broken ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by kextra1, Mar 23, 2009.

1. kextra1

kextra1 Member

I am trying to restore ISPConfig on a box which already had ISPConfig on it...however it's broken.

I've backed up the ISPConfig master data, user/client database data & web content, etc. etc...

All I can find regarding how to RESTORE backed up data to fix a broken ISPConfig machine is all this crap about moving ispconfig.

I shouldnt have to mess with /etc/passwd /etc/shadow if im on the same box right?

Also....what is the name of the file that redirects all the domains to their homepage instead of the regular apache2-default index page? That info would be very helpful at this point.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you had made a backup, just restore the directories /root/ispconfig, /home/admispconfig and the mysql database. ISPConfig is very robust, its enough to just restore these 3 parts and it will work again.

3. poisen

poisen New Member

I just tried restoring the ispconfig database backup (that is saved in /tmp) and I got the following error message

HTML:
    server1:/tmp # mysql -uroot -p123abc -hlocalhost ispconfig < existing_db_04_04_2009__10_31_54.sql
    ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 22: Table 'ispconfig.del_status' doesn't exist

What can I do to restore the database? I just saw that /var/lib/mysql/ispconfig/ is empty and contains no tables :-(

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Load the sql dump that comes with ispconfig in the database first to create the database tables, then empty all tables and restore the data from the file existing_db_04_04_2009__10_31_54.sql

5. poisen

poisen New Member

Hey Till,

that is exactly what I did yesterday and it all worked out fine. ISPConfig is really a very robust system. Thanks for your help.

-Eddie