RHE 4 Hangs when Loading SCSI Driver

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by kshawky, Apr 14, 2008.

1. kshawky

kshawky New Member

I am new to Linux... a customer bought 2 IBM Blade Chaises and wants to install Linux Red hat 4 on them, the problem i am facing in lab is that i can not actually start the installation. when the loading SCSI driver section appears in the beginning of the installation it hangs upon "Loading mptscsih Driver..." and thats all... i don't know if there is a batch or an update that i had to install before installation. i've tried to go to: https://www-304.ibm.com/systems/sup...display?lndocid=MIGR-5073209&brandind=5000008
    but this actually does not solve my problem, i also visited LSI (SCSI adapter installed: LSISAS1064E) it give me nothing at all.:confused: :eek: if you please help me with this issue.. i'd be greatful. Thanks.. and best of Luck

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I don't know if this is an option, but maybe you should try CentOS 4 or 5 instead. The 4.x series is based on RHEL4, the 5.x series on RHEL 5. Maybe they have better hardware support.

3. kshawky

kshawky New Member

this is not an option i have to install RHEL on the server.... it a customer site