Root Email Transfer

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by punk0mi, Dec 8, 2006.

1. punk0mi

punk0mi New Member

I feel kinda stupid asking this, but I am kind of stumped:

I forgot to alias my root user back when I setup everything so now I have all these email's in there that I want to download for record. That being so, does anyone know how to transfer all mail recieved by the root user (from the /root/Maildir/new) to another account? Other than allowing root user to log into mail (which I do not want to do)?

I've tried copying the messages to another users Maildir/new, but as I expected, it had folder synchonization problems.

There has to be a way! I know if worse comes to worse I can just download them all and save them as txt's. Just looking for an easy way out.

Thanks,
    punk0mi

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Have a look here

3. punk0mi

punk0mi New Member

I have made the modifications in my aliases file a while ago once I realized that I had not done it!

The problem is that all the mail that was recieved before that change is still contained in the /root/Maildir/new directory. I want to get that out using a mail client if possible.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Why don't you just create an account for root in your email client, fetch the mails, and delete the account again?