Rootfs Full

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by madaboutlotus, Dec 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. madaboutlotus

madaboutlotus New Member

Can someone advise how I can free up space in my rootfs, as I need to update some software in an e2 linux box.

root@zgemmah2s:~# df
    Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
    ubi0:rootfs 222144 222136 8 100% /
    devtmpfs 156140 4 156136 0% /dev
    tmpfs 64 0 64 0% /media
    tmpfs 156284 1304 154980 1% /var/volatile
    /dev/sda1 14997176 139384 14857792 1% /media/hdd
    root@zgemmah2s:~#

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

It would really help if you posted in CODE tags to make the df output readable. Plus, using df -hT makes more understandable output.
    I went to the trouble of deciphering your encrypted posting, and looks like the host has very small root partition and that partition is full. You do not bother to mention what OS is running on that host, so exact advice is not possible.
    Maybe check if there are two versions of kernel installed, the latest installed and the previous version. Try removing the previous version, that should free up lots of disk space.
    On the other hand the disk partition layout makes me suspect this is some VPS on some service, so maybe the kernel is not used in the usual way as in a Linux hardware box.
    I would read the documentation of that system to understand why the root partition is so small and how it is supposed to be prevented from filling up.

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you need the space at /media/hdd? You might be able to use that elsewhere, eg. maybe for /var.