Rouncube 1.3

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by DylanPedro, Jan 12, 2018.

1. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

Hi,

I noticed ISPConfig uses Rouncube 1.2, is it possible to upgrade to version 1.3 and have not issues e.g. ISPConfig Plugin's etc?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Roundcube s installed as a webmail client on your server, it is not used by or connected to ISPConfig, roundcube is just an IMAP client that connects by IMAP to the dovecot server, you can replace it with a newer version. To avoid problems with Linux system updates, yo shuld either unsiatll the roundcube pacjage of the Linux distribution first or install your custom roundcube install in a different location, e.g. by creating a website 'webmail.yourdomain.tld' in ISPConfig and then install roundcube from source into that website.

3. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

4. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

I've manged to install roundcube into its own vhost as suggested above.

Everything works, and I've just installed all the plugins for ISPConfig and put the remote user in the admin for roundcube. Next I've added the credentials for the user into the rouncube config file.

When going into roundcube and clicking settings a code 500 error appears. The error log on roundcube shows the following:

Code:
    [04-Feb-2018 14:05:43 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Class 'SoapClient' not found in /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/plugins/ispconfig3_account/ispconfig3_account.php:17
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.php(99): ispconfig3_account->init()
    #1 /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/program/include/rcmail.php(135): rcube_plugin_api->init(Object(rcmail), 'settings')
    #2 /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/program/include/rcmail.php(79): rcmail->startup()
    #3 /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/index.php(43): rcmail::get_instance(0, NULL)
    #4 {main}
      thrown in /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/plugins/ispconfig3_account/ispconfig3_account.php on line 17
    What is this error about as I have cgi enabled for the vhost so am stuck?

5. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

fixed it by doing the following:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install php7.0-soap

6. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

A new issue has now started. Everything was working when test earlier in the day but now when login in on roundcube it just gets stuck then shows the following error:
    Code:
    504 Gateway Time-out

7. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

Found out the error was to do with the following plugin:
    ispconfig3_autoselect

Disabling it made it work so why is this plugin causing an error?

Also even though soap is enable and working none of the plugins do anything except the password one, all others just show a spinning wheel then eventually timeout?

8. till

I'm not sure if the plugins are compatible with Roundcube 1.3. Did you check at github or contacted the developer of the roundcube exension if it's compatible with RoundCube 1.3?

9. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

I'm going to test it on Roundcube 1.2 (Default for Debian 9-Stretch)

I install roundcube with:
    Code:
    apt-get install roundcube roundcube-core roundcube-mysql roundcube-plugins
    What else do I do so I can access the installation from the Linux distribution ?

10. till

11. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

They are for apache but I am using nginx so how do I add the required vhost to make Roundcube work?

12. till

I don't have a config for nginx available. What you can try is to use the squirelmail config. Create a symlink /usr/share/squirrelmail which points to /usr/share/roundcube and then try to access roundcube with http://yourdomain.tld:8081/webmail

13. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

Right so plugin is compatible with 1.3 just had to add the roundcube remote user in the ispconfig3_account/config/config.inc.php file

The email filter pluging built in is somewhat limited so I activated the managesieve plugin but am getting the following error now:
    Code:
    [06-Feb-2018 12:33:47 Europe/London] ERROR: Connection refused (111)
    [06-Feb-2018 12:33:47 +0000]: <o3tu9p1s> PHP Error: Unable to connect to managesieve on localhost:4190 in /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/plugins/managesieve/lib/Roundcube/rcube_sieve_engine.php on line 222 (GET /?_task=settings&_action=plugin.managesieve)
    [06-Feb-2018 12:33:47 Europe/London] ERROR: Not currently in AUTHORISATION state (1)
    [06-Feb-2018 12:33:47 Europe/London] ERROR: Not currently connected (1)
    Is the sieve service activated by default?

14. till

No. and the Managesieve plugin will wipe out settings filters and mailbox settings that you made in ISPConfig.

15. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

so is there a better way to filter in rouncube, or does the ispconfig control panel provide a way?

16. till

You can use the filters of the ISPConfig roundcube plugin and you can also use the filters in ISPConfig, see mailbox filter tab. If you want to use managesieve, then you have to turn that on in dovecot. But it will probably break the ispconfig filter, autoresponder and send copy to function of the mailbox.

17. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

I'll stick with how it is for now as I like how both the admin panel and roundcube both sync
    last problem to fix is:
    Code:
    [06-Feb-2018 13:03:05 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  is_executable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/gpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client0/web3/web:/var/www/clients/client0/web3/private:/var/www/clients/client0/web3/tmp:/var/www/webmail.example.com/web:/srv/www/webmail.example.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom) in /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/vendor/pear/crypt_gpg/Crypt/GPG/Engine.php on line 2018
    [06-Feb-2018 13:03:05 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  is_executable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/bin/gpg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client0/web3/web:/var/www/clients/client0/web3/private:/var/www/clients/client0/web3/tmp:/var/www/webmail.example.com/web:/srv/www/webmail.example.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom) in /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/vendor/pear/crypt_gpg/Crypt/GPG/Engine.php on line 2018
    [06-Feb-2018 13:03:05 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  is_executable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/gpg2) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client0/web3/web:/var/www/clients/client0/web3/private:/var/www/clients/client0/web3/tmp:/var/www/webmail.example.com/web:/srv/www/webmail.example.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom) in /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/vendor/pear/crypt_gpg/Crypt/GPG/Engine.php on line 2018
    [06-Feb-2018 13:03:05 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  is_executable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/local/bin/gpg2) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client0/web3/web:/var/www/clients/client0/web3/private:/var/www/clients/client0/web3/tmp:/var/www/webmail.example.com/web:/srv/www/webmail.example.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom) in /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/vendor/pear/crypt_gpg/Crypt/GPG/Engine.php on line 2018
    [06-Feb-2018 13:03:05 +0000]: <o3tu9p1s> PHP Error: Enigma plugin: GPG binary not found. If you are sure the GPG binary is installed, please specify the location of the GPG binary using the 'binary' driver option. in /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/plugins/enigma/lib/enigma_engine.php on line 91 (POST /?_task=settings&_action=plugin.enigmakeys)

18. till

The software tries to reach paths outside of the pen_basedir of the website. Either ignore the message or add the mentioned paths to the open_basedir of the website on options tab of the site.

19. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

As you can see towards the end of this error I have added the /usr/bin/gpg2 path but the error still comes up? The plugin also does not load in Roundcube and has the following message so cannot be ignored:

"Application Error (600): Enigma plugin: GPG binary not found. If you are sure the GPG binary is installed, please specify the location of the GPG binary using the 'binary' driver option."

Code:
    [06-Feb-2018 14:27:43 Europe/London] PHP Warning:  is_executable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/gpg2) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/clients/client0/web3/web:/var/www/clients/client0/web3/private:/var/www/clients/client0/web3/tmp:/var/www/webmail.example.com/web:/srv/www/webmail.example.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom:/usr/bin/gpg2) in /var/www/clients/client0/web3/web/roundcube/vendor/pear/crypt_gpg/Crypt/GPG/Engine.php on line 2018

20. DylanPedro

DylanPedro Member

lastly is there a way to make the filters that have been setup for mail to run manually on the inbox?