Round Cube on MultiServer?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by electron79, Oct 26, 2020.

1. electron79

electron79 Member

Hello, if I have the mail server pass-through installed, and I want to install Round Cube. Should I install the missing packages for Round Cube and Apache, after that, run the ispconfig script "update.php"?

Note: there are 5 servers: 1 web (master), 1 Database, 2 DNS and 1 Mail.

Thank you ...

Attached Files:

2. electron79

electron79 Member

For this environment, the servers are behind a Firewall / Router, in the DNS records, are the records created with the local or public IP address?

3. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If only roundcube has to be installed, you don't need to reconfigure services. If apache has to be installed, it has to be configured and a reconfigure services is needed.

You have to create DNS records for the public IP adress.

4. electron79

electron79 Member

Thanks for answering.

I don't have Apache, in this case I will use the steps to install for RoundCoube and Apache?

5. Th0m

Yes, follow the steps from the perfect server guide to install apache and roundcube. then run a ISPConfig update and reconfigure services:
    Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget https://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.2.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3.2.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Another option is to just install roundcube on your web server.

Th0m likes this.
  7. electron79

electron79 Member

ok, I will comment, I am going to install Apache and RoundCube in the corresponding mail server ...

Thank you.

8. electron79

electron79 Member

Hi, now I installed RoundCube on the master server, this to avoid me installing apache and others on the mail server:

Remembering the severs on hosts:
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    192.168.2.160 www.lasandino.com.ni www
    192.168.2.161 bd.lasandino.com.ni bd
    192.168.2.162 mail.lasandino.com.ni mail
    192.168.2.163 ns1.lasandino.com.ni ns1
    192.168.2.164 ns2.lasandino.com.ni ns2

This configuration is on all servers.

But I can't access a site, it gives me an error in databases, try "mysqli_real_connect (): (HY000 / 1045): Access denied for user 'admin' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES)"

Run tests with the command from the master server to the bd.lasandino.com.ni database server:

mysql -h 192.168.2.161 -u root -p
    mysqli_real_connect (): (HY000 / 1045): Access denied for user 'admin' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES)

The same test from the database server to the master:

mysql -h 192.168.2.160 -u root -p
    mysqli_real_connect (): (HY000 / 1045): Access denied for user 'admin' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES)

There is a database called c1db, try to enter via CLI or GUI from the master and it gives me the same error, see the image.

It is necessary to execute the following sentences on each server in addition to the server:

CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.2.161' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *. * TO 'root'@'192.168.2.161' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0;

First of all, Thanks...

Excuse me for my English, I am using a translator.

Attached Files:

9. Th0m

Yes, you have to create a user for every server, e.g. you want to create a user for a server with the hostname server2.example.com, IPv4 address 12.34.56.78 and IPv6 address 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334, you'd run this on the master:
    Code:
    mysql -u root -p
    (enter the root DB pass for your master server)

CREATE USER 'root'@'server2.example.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'example-pass';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'server2.example.com' IDENTIFIED BY 'example-pass' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;
    CREATE USER 'root'@'12.34.56.78' IDENTIFIED BY 'example-pass';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'12.34.56.78' IDENTIFIED BY 'example-pass' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0;
    CREATE USER 'root'@'2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334' IDENTIFIED BY 'example-pass';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334' IDENTIFIED BY 'example-pass' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0;
    Replace the hostname, IPv4, IPv6, and example password with your own data.

10. Jesse Norell

That is curious, I don't think I've ever seen where you specify a username (root) and it apparently tries to login as a different user (admin).

11. Th0m

I think the error is copied from the PMA dashboard which he shared a picture of.
    You should login with root and not admin for PMA.

12. electron79

electron79 Member

Hello, thanks for answering Th0m, I ran this on the Master server, in this case the Master is www ....:

Server BD: 192.168.2.161 → bd.lasandino.com.ni → bd

CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.2.161' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.2.161' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

Server Mail: 192.168.2.162 → mail.lasandino.com.ni → mail

CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.2.162' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.2.162' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

Server DNS primario: 192.168.2.163 → ns1.lasandino.com.ni → ns1

CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.2.163' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.2.163' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

Server DNS secundario: 192.168.2.164 → ns2.lasandino.com.ni → ns2

CREATE USER 'root'@'192.168.2.164' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'192.168.2.164' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

Server BD: 192.168.2.161 → bd.lasandino.com.ni -> bd

CREATE USER 'root'@'bd.lasandino.com.ni' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'bd.lasandino.com.ni' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

Server Mail: 192.168.2.162 → mail.lasandino.com.ni → mail

CREATE USER 'root'@'mail.lasandino.com.ni' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'mail.lasandino.com.ni' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

Server DNS primario: 192.168.2.163 → ns1.lasandino.com.ni → ns1

CREATE USER 'root'@'ns1.lasandino.com.ni' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'ns1.lasandino.com.ni' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

Server DNS secundario: 192.168.2.164 → ns2.lasandino.com.ni → ns2

CREATE USER 'root'@'ns2.lasandino.com.ni' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON * . * TO 'root'@'ns2.lasandino.com.ni' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION MAX_QUERIES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_UPDATES_PER_HOUR 0 MAX_USER_CONNECTIONS 0 ;

It is not necessary to enter the sentence of the master?
    On the other hand, the sentences above must be included in the server mail, dns1 and 2, bd?

Thank you....

13. electron79

electron79 Member

It is my doubt, since if you send credentials for a user of a website (databases, database user and password), to make your changes, you will not be able to view your databases remotely !!

With the ROOT user, if you enter ...

I really don't know what is happening since I followed the step-by-step guide in the manual, which I acquired for the year 2017 with the version of ISPCONFIG3.1, I don't know if there is a more updated version to check if I have errors implementing GNU / Linux Debian Buster 64bits (All servers), the manual that I purchased 2017, is with Debian 8. Greetings.

Attached Files:

14. Th0m

I don't understand what you mean with this.

You can try logging in to the master from one of your slave servers now, but you missed adding the users for [email protected].

You should use the perfect server tutorial for debian 10: https://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-debian-10-buster-apache-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-1/

15. electron79

electron79 Member

Ok, I explain. When I implemented the 5 servers, which, the master is www.lasandino.com, in the script they were all added, you can see that the servers are from the web interface in the attached image.

The issue is that when I register a database, with username and password, these credentials are given to the user Juan, when the user Juan wants to see, modify or delete any data from the assigned database, he does not access. Greetings.

Note: for the implementation, in effect I followed the guide that it shows me, this to verify that the packages are the most current for that version of O.S. ...

Thanks...

Attached Files:

16. electron79

electron79 Member

At this time I created a site, create a database, database username and database password, so that a user can work.

The user reports that with the database credentials, username, database name and password, he does not log in and the error appears: "mysqli_real_connect (): (HY000 / 1045): Access denied for user 'c1db' @ ' localhost '(using password: YES) ".

Any information that you need me to provide so that we can verify all together?

Thank you. Greetings.

17. electron79

electron79 Member

I attach a file from the master about the database information for a user.

Attached Files:

18. electron79

electron79 Member

YES(From DB to Master):

root@bd:~#
    root@bd:~# mysql -hwww.lasandino.com.ni -u root -p
    Enter password:
    Welcome to the MariaDB monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MariaDB connection id is 138001
    Server version: 10.5.6-MariaDB-1:10.5.6+maria~buster mariadb.org binary distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

MariaDB [(none)]>

////////////////
    From Mail to Master:

root@bd:~#
    root@bd:~# mysql -hwww.lasandino.com.ni -u root -p
    Enter password:
    Welcome to the MariaDB monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MariaDB connection id is 138001
    Server version: 10.5.6-MariaDB-1:10.5.6+maria~buster mariadb.org binary distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2018, Oracle, MariaDB Corporation Ab and others.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

MariaDB [(none)]>

19. Jesse Norell

This error in phpmyadmin is when using the phpmyadmin instance on the database server itself? Can you login as c1db using mysql cli from that same server?

20. electron79

electron79 Member

I don't know how this works, but the error occurred when entering the Server Master lasandino.com.ni/phpmyadmin or 192.168.2.160/phpmyadmin.

When entering the Server Master lasandino.com.ni/phpmyadmin or 192.168.2.160/phpmyadmin with the user c1db, it gives me the same error. I am going to test via CLI on the database server db.lasandino.com.ni and I will test with the user c1db ... I will comment on you shortly.