RoundCube 0.1-RC2 package available for ISPConfig

Discussion in 'General' started by Hans, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

The second release candidate version RC0.1-RC2 has just been released. For more information have a look here: http://www.roundcube.net/

Based on this version, i've created a new RoundCube package for ISPConfig.

The package can be downloaded here: http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/roundcubemail-0.1-rc2.pkg.

Before you install it with the update manager within ISPConfig, please remove the previous RoundCube package first. This can be done by executing the following commands:

rm /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail.tar
    rm -r /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail
    rm -r /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/tools/roundcubemail

The RoundCube package makes use of sqlite and will run on port 81.

For those, who want to run the MySQL version on port 80, you can use the howto mentioned here: http://www.howtoforge.com/roundcube_webmail_ispconfig. This howto has been updated for RoundCube 0.1-RC2 as well.

Happy RoundCube! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  2. madmucho

madmucho Member

Thanks a lot :) Work perfectly

Thank you package work perfectly.

This RC2 Handles correctly czech emails, no problem with diacritics.

If you want homepage of you roundcube in czech simply change this
    /home/admispconfig/web/roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php line 18 to

$rcmail_config['locale_string'] = 'cz';

3. azidtripz

azidtripz New Member

having a weird problem with this package, none of the buttons in it seem to work, apart from the very top row, cannot compose new emails or add contacts or anything.. :S

4. madmucho

madmucho Member

Did you folow instalation correctly? Delete old roundcube files? I have not problem, using sqlite configuration

5. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@azidtripz You need to remove the old package first, like madmucho says.

It might be possible that you have a problem, because you need to reinitialise the new sqlite database. For this reason you can try the following:
    Refresh the page in your browser and execute the command:
    /etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart

6. azidtripz

azidtripz New Member

Hi again, they did remove the old package before hand , i even removed the new one and put it on again, i also tried it before updating ISPConfig and again after updating ISPConfig :/

7. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

For your information:
    RoundCube comes with different files to initialise the database.
    The RoundCube package for ISPConfig makes use of sqlite. This sqlite database sqlite.db has been setup with the file /SQL/sqlite.initial.sql NOT with /SQL/sqlite.update.sql.
    The reason for this is that i can't know if it is a freh install for RoundCube or an update, like in your case.
    There is nothing wrong with the package itself, i've tested it thoroughly an i am using it on one of my servers successfully.

8. azidtripz

azidtripz New Member

i just don't know what else to do, old one i had on worked fine, removed it the correct way as explained, put on the new package the right way, log in to an email account, clicking on the top line of buttons works "E-Mail", "Address Book", "Personal Settings" (apart from logout) and also opening an email works but nothing else does,

No idea what to do about it.

9. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

It might be a catch problem. Is it an option for you to reboot your server? Or is it a server within a production environment?

10. azidtripz

azidtripz New Member

yeah i am able to reboot my server, sits in my cupboard with a ssh session continuously open to it..

you think i should reboot it ?

11. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Whell ... on a MS Windows server, the first thing you have to do to initialise an update is to reboot your server :D

On Linux/Unix it is the last thing i want to do, but i do not know how to solve it else at the moment.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  12. azidtripz

azidtripz New Member

I know what you mean Hans, my server only goes down when there is a blackout and my UPS runs out, anyways did the reboot, cleared firefox cache and everything is sweet, hmm maby it was just firefox cache to begin with loading part of the old roundcube from my desktop box :S anyway thank you very much for this 'working' package..... :) :)

13. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Ok then! You did it. Great! :)

14. madmucho

madmucho Member

Can someone test if newly loged user into webmail have correct mail alias? I mean not webx_user in his real name in profile section...

on my configuration new users have webx_user as real name and mail is correct..

15. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

16. madmucho

madmucho Member

I have this roundcube package and same modification and rewriting dont work.

17. erebus

erebus New Member

Hans, I think this hack is for striping out the 'www' part of the username. Is it a way to turn the ISPConfig's users to e-mail addresses? I.e. domain.tld_user to [email protected]

18. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@Erebus,

Yes of course. You're right. I guess i am a little tyred, because i did a lot of work last week to make my holiday possible.

Whell, i changed a line within the main.inc.php file from:

To login with usernames AND email addresses change the line:

// Path to a virtuser table file to resolve user names and e-mail addresses
    $rcmail_config['virtuser_file'] = '';

into:

$rcmail_config['virtuser_file'] = '/etc/postfix/virtusertable';

So it is possible to login with the loginname AND e-mailaddress, which is exacly what i wanted. If you only want to login with the loginname, you should change that line into:

$rcmail_config['virtuser_file'] = '';

again.

I think it is a nice and quiet stable package and i do not see any problems.

Now i am going on holiday, i'll be back within 3 weeks.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  19. erebus

erebus New Member

Indeed my friend it is a great package and we all thank you for all these contributions that make the ISPConfig community even more important and the ISPConfig package even more powerful.

Enjoy your holidays and we will be glad to have you back.

20. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.