RoundCube 0.2 Beta available for ISPConfig 2

Discussion in 'General' started by Hans, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

On 21-09-2008, RoundCube 0.2 Beta has been released.
    Based on this version i've created an new package for ISPCOnfig 2.

Before you install it with the update manager within ISPConfig, you need to remove the current installed RoundCube package first.
    Before you execute the commands below, you must accept that:

- your current RoundCube installation will be deleted
    - The current sql-lite database will be erased, which means that all mailuser settings will get lost.

In case you use customized files, please make a backup of these files first.

Commands to delete your entire and current installed RoundCube webmailclient:

rm /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail.tar
    rm -r /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail
    rm -r /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/tools/roundcubemail

The package can be downloaded here: link not available anymore

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  2. JeGr

JeGr Member

Does someone else also have the problem, that the new "only mark delete if no trash folder exists" behaves a bit buggy?
    It marks my mails in inbox with a delete icon and creates a copy of it in the trash folder instead of simply moving it there. If I disable that option, all is fine and like before. Strange thing.

3. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@Grey,
    Within the main.inc.php file i've configured that the default folders must be created.
    To these default folders belongs also the Trash folder.

I think the "mark as deleted" is only usefull when you don't have a Trash folder.
    Otherwise, the behaviour looks a little weird indeed, but not buggy i think.

Within the RC config file main.inc.php, you should play with these settings to get the result you want:

// move messages to this folder when deleting them
    // leave blank if they should be deleted directly
    $rcmail_config['trash_mbox'] = 'Trash';

// Set TRUE if deleted messages should not be displayed
    // This will make the application run slower
    $rcmail_config['skip_deleted'] = FALSE;

// Set true to Mark deleted messages as read as well as deleted
    // False means that a message's read status is not affected by marking it as deleted
    $rcmail_config['read_when_deleted'] = TRUE;

// When a Trash folder is not present and a message is deleted, flag
    // the message for deletion rather than deleting it immediately. Setting this to
    // false causes deleted messages to be permanantly removed if there is no Trash folder
    $rcmail_config['flag_for_deletion'] = FALSE;

4. JeGr

JeGr Member

I agree but tend to say it's a little buggy - or help text is a bit wrong. If it states "mark message deleted if no trash folder exists" it should do ok if that folder is already there.

I don't fully understand what the skip_deleted option is doing, as this seems the behavior RC has under normal conditions. Or does this also disable displaying messages in trash?

Just wanted to mention that. We're running a three type spam_strategy (as described in my howto) so to make sure there's a junk folder around, we always create all standard IMAP folders out of ISPConfig - no need for RC to do that anymore :)

Thanks for the feedback!
    Jens

5. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@Grey,
    Thanks for your usefull information.
    I also want to thank you for your new antispam solution for ISPConfig 2.
    I did not try it yet but it looks great! :)

6. JeGr

JeGr Member

OT: It's working but we'll have to rewrite the scripting part as the used script didn't match with our OS and needs, but it does send a daily message about the spam of the last 24h and that's a nice addition (like freemailers do).

A small addition to your package: "rm -r"-ing the roundcube folder is good, as long as your customers didn't use the custom functions of RC written into the sqlite.db. I almost didn't remember backing it up ;) Perhaps it's worth a short side-note in your upgrade instructions :)

7. Snowman

Snowman Member

DOM-XML php-extension/module

Hello ,
    I am running ISPConfig
    Version: 2.2.24
    I installed beta RoundCube 0.2, but I still have problem with reading some mails. This thing was discussed before, but i didn't found the solution yet.
    Can you help ?

As I know Hans reported this problem as : DOM-XML php-extension/module
    He posted : "Since ISPConfig 2.2.24 there is support for DOM-XML! Thanks to the ISPConfig team! "

Is there a way how to solve that or may test if my DOM-XML is OK ?

8. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

I know, and i will change that.

9. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Within your /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/ directory you can create an info.php file with the following content:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Then within your browser point to http(s)://www.yourdomain.tld:81/info.php
    Within the "Configure Command" section you can read how php5 has been configured.

If DOM-XML is not available, you need to download, extract the ispconfig package. After that you need to configure php5 again with the modules installed that you wish.

These configure options can be found within the file:
    install_ispconfig/compile_aps/compile at the line which starts with:
    ./configure --with-apxs=${INSTALL_ROOT}/httpd/bin/apxs

10. Snowman

Snowman Member

My command in phpinfo() is now :
    './configure' '--with-apxs=/root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apxs' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--with-config-file-path=/root/ispconfig/php' '--enable-ftp' '--prefix=/root/ispconfig/php' '--with-openssl=/root/ispconfig/openssl' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--disable-libxml' '--disable-dom' '--disable-xml' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--disable-simplexml' '--without-pear'

is it ok ? APXS is there

Last edited: Sep 24, 2008
  11. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@Snowman,

Everywhere where you read "disable-" in that line, you must change it into "enable-"

12. Snowman

Snowman Member

Why ispconfig didnt recompiled my php automaticaly ?

13. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

The developers don't want to create dependencies, which ISPConfig ITSELF does not need to run properly.

14. ressel

ressel Member

where to get this package?

Hello,

where can i get this package?

Søren

15. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

16. ressel

ressel Member

17. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Hi Ressel,

Thanks for this broken link report.
    I will tell Till Brehm about this, so he can fix it.

18. ressel

ressel Member

this link works

Hello,

I have just tried copy the file name from ispconfig.org download page and set it to the end of ispconfig.bb-hosting.org download page so that this link who not could be found of the download page works if you type this:
    http://ispconfig.bb-hosting.org/downloads/roundcube/roundcubemail-0.2b.pkg

The only link i found was to somekind of readme to ispconfig setup / roundcube

19. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

@ressel,

In the mean time i've corrected that.
    Till will do it on ispconfig.org.
    Thanks for your report.

20. ressel

ressel Member

great :D

Thank you