Roundcube access problem

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by christian.perego, Oct 27, 2023.

1. christian.perego

christian.perego Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    I upgraded the server where ispconfig3 is installed from Debian 10 to Debian 11 following this great tutorial some weeks ago:
    https://www.howtoforge.com/update-the-ispconfig-perfect-server-from-debian-10-to-debian-11/
    It seems that everything was working great except that if I create a new mail using the ispconfig 3 web interface (in an domain created years ago non created now), Roundcube does not give me access to the new mailbox, but still works with all old (before upgrade) mailbox.
    Anyone have an idea about how to fix this?
    Thanks a lot.
    Christian

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are you able to access this mailbox with another mail client like Thunderbird or Outlook?

3. christian.perego

Yes, I tried with thunderbird and it works fine: I can receave and send mail without any problem. I think it is only a Roundcube web interface problem

4. till

Please try creating a new password for the mailbox and do not use umlauts or accents in the new password, does this maybe solve the issue?

5. christian.perego

No, it did not solve the issue.
    I found this in the Ispconfig web interface in the "server state" section that probably solve the issue:

Inst roundcube-plugins [1.4.14+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1] (1.4.15+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1 Debian-Security:11/oldstable-security [all]) []
    Inst roundcube [1.4.14+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1] (1.4.15+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1 Debian-Security:11/oldstable-security [all]) []
    Inst roundcube-core [1.4.14+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1] (1.4.15+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1 Debian-Security:11/oldstable-security [all]) []
    Inst roundcube-mysql [1.4.14+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1] (1.4.15+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1 Debian-Security:11/oldstable-security [all])
    Inst ruby-rack [2.1.4-3] (2.1.4-3+deb11u1 Debian-Security:11/oldstable-security [all])
    Conf roundcube-plugins (1.4.15+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1 Debian-Security:11/oldstable-security [all])
    Conf roundcube (1.4.15+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1 Debian-Security:11/oldstable-security [all])
    Conf roundcube-core (1.4.15+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1 Debian-Security:11/oldstable-security [all])
    Conf roundcube-mysql (1.4.15+dfsg.1-1~deb11u1 Debian-Security:11/oldstable-security [all])
    Conf ruby-rack (2.1.4-3+deb11u1 Debian-Security:11/oldstable-security [all])

I'll keep you updated if it works.

Thanks
    Christian

6. christian.perego

Update ok, but the issue still remain.

7. christian.perego

Here is the Roundcube access errors.log:

DB Error: [1364] Field 'alias' doesn't have a default value (SQL Query: INSERT INTO `users` (`created`, `last_login`, `username`, `mail_host`, `language`) VALUES (now(), now(), '[email protected]', 'localhost', 'it_IT')) in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 544 (POST /?_task=login&_action=login)

I inserted manually a default value (NULL) for the alias field in the user table definitions inside the Roundcube database, and the sql run correctly. The new ispconfig users are added to the Roundcube user table and the web interface gave me access to all new mail.
    I think that some recent Roundcube upgrade didn't update the DB correctly. I hope this is the only difference :)
    I can write that it wasn't an ISPCONFIG Issue.
    Probably this can help someone else.

Thanks Till for your help.

8. till

Yes, that's quite likely. If you encounter more problems, there should be a database update script from RoundCube. But unless you have issues, I would leave it alone. Don't touch a working system :)

9. christian.perego

Don't worry.... It's my lifestyle ;)