roundcube and mod_php

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by marco, Aug 30, 2021.

1. marco

marco Member

Hello, my server is a Ubuntu 20.04 , ISPconfig 3.2.5, the roundcube works with PHP-FPM but when I set mod-php I get a blank page
    Please any help it's welcome
    regards

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

How do you set this? Is there a reason to use mod-php?
    From what I remember mod-php has been deprecated for years already.

concept21 and till like this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, never use mod_php on a recent system. Always use php-fpm as mode and take care to enabled suexec option.

Jesse Norell likes this.
  4. marco

marco Member

I set with ISPconfig, the problem is when I try to install Prestashop, I have to change file permission to several directories.
    I go to install now Prestashop with php-fpm.
    Thanks to you and Till

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You don't have to change any permissions when installing a shop or CMS system in an ISPConfig website, it actually fails if you would change permissions. You probably found some wrong install instructions somewhere that told you to chown folders to www-data or similar, if you do that, the shop must fail as the folders are owned by the wrong user which is not the website user. So the steps to correctly install a CMS or shop are:

1) Choose PHP mode php-fpm, never use mod_php on a recent system. Take care to keep suexec enabled.
    2) Upload the shop files by FTP to the web folder using an FTP user of that site or create an SSH user for this website, login with that SSH user and then download the show using this SSH user. All file and folder ownerships are correct by default then.

6. concept21

concept21 Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

In year 2021, no one uses mod-php any more. I simply uninstall it from my OS.

Jesse Norell likes this.
  7. marco

marco Member

Till, you are right, I was following a tutorial with errors, now the instalation was nice. Thanks for your support!!