Roundcube-Configuration Error - config.inc.php was not found.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by George321, Jan 26, 2017.

1. George321

George321 New Member

So today i tried to open my mailbox and i couldn't because of that:
    Screenshot_1.png

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  2. DarkMaster

DarkMaster New Member

I have the same...

3. George321

George321 New Member

Show me your mail.log

4. DarkMaster

DarkMaster New Member

@George321 - what would that accomplish? My mail.log contains only few lines that talk about the inability of monit to connect to specified port, nothing else...
    @ahrasis - yes, straight out of box it was working just fine, the after update it broke AND then after ISPConfig update it was working again and then some time - no clue when exactly, it was not anymore...

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which Linux Distribution do you use and do you use apache or nginx web server?

6. DarkMaster

DarkMaster New Member

@till Debian 8, nginx

7. bookert

bookert New Member

Installed the Perfect server yesterday: Nginx with MariaDB Ubuntu 16.04. Was working fine, then all of a sudden same error. Do we have an update, please?

It installs RoundCube but the URL to access: http://www.domain.com:8081/squirrelmail/
    Any advise how to fix this?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  8. GoHod

GoHod New Member

Same issue here. Can log into phpmyadmin with details above just fine. Roundcube does work through the alias set up in the instructions (i.e. without using port 8081)

9. Clemente Nogueira

Clemente Nogueira New Member

Hello, I notice that roundcube drops down with that message error after I check the System - Server config.
    The ISPConfig 3.1 auto saves and the roundcube pop this error message. It's the 3th time I test it. So, this is about ISPConfig 3.1 System configuration, but still not found what detail is it, because hapens without I change anything.

luigi mangili likes this.
  10. Hello, I have the same problem. Here is my error.log:
    2017/04/16 19:30:58 [error] 8389#0: *312 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: Error writing to log file /var/log/roundcube/errors; Please check permissions in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1339
    PHP message: PHP Warning: SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1441
    PHP message: PHP Warning: Error writing to log file /var/log/roundcube/errors; Please check permissions in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1339
    PHP message: PHP Warning: config.inc.php was not found. in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube.php on line 1441" while reading response header from upstream, client: 185.103.209.33, server: _, request: "GET /squirrelmail/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/lib/php5-fpm/apps.sock:", host: "45.76.82.53:8081"

Anyone know how to fix ?

11. omhow

omhow New Member

Same as George123 (config.inc.php not found) on ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS with nginx after ISPCONFIG update (from 3.1dev to 3.1.6). Log (roundcube) says e.g.: failed to load config from /var/lib/roundcube/plugins/jqueryui/config.inc.php in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_plugin.php ... (GET or POST squirrelmail editing or saving prefs). No problems when first installing und using. oo/

12. omhow

omhow New Member

After updating ISPCONFIG to 3.1.6 again the error-message disappears.

13. Sion.Savior

Sion.Savior New Member

I have the same error . can't fix it.
    Can someone help please?
    I havent an idea how to fix it

14. ztk.me

ztk.me ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

having permission erorrs all over the place....
    1. if using apache and no mod_php => default conf probably won't work
    2. check the user/group php is running on with your /webmail setup
    3. check you have a valid open_basedir, check apache.conf - I think it's in there as an example ( what is needed at least )
    4. if things still not work, they likely will be permission issues you can fix with chmod or chown the given file,
    pay attention, if you change owner in /var/log/something you might want to recheck with rsyslog wether he still likes to rotate

or if you use apache ( haven't tested with nginx ), check the tipps/tricks section, have posted some hacks for roundcube - but it includes changing your setup to have an extra website configured in ispconfig.

15. Sion.Savior

Sion.Savior New Member

1. if using apache and no mod_php => default conf probably won't work
    I use NGINX and i use the default conf provided with the perfect Debian Server 8 and above

2. check the user/group php is running on with your /webmail setup
    hmm nice Idea havent test it right now...

3. check you have a valid open_basedir, check apache.conf - I think it's in there as an example ( what is needed at least )
    I use the squirrelmail host (set link) *see the perfect server setup)

4. if things still not work, they likely will be permission issues you can fix with chmod or chown the given file,
    pay attention, if you change owner in /var/log/something you might want to recheck with rsyslog wether he still likes to rotate

I check logs every day. But i dont know where the error is.. right now *i am at work*

Debian 9.1, Nginx, php7 (fpm) mariadb bind ISPConfig 3.1.7p1

16. ztk.me

well, yeah my thoughts are for nginx accordingly, stuff may look different there but essenitally is the same.

"PHP message: PHP Warning: file_put_contents(/var/log/roundcube/errors): failed to open stream: Permission denied

you have it right there, roundcube-folder needs to be writeable by the uid/gid php is running at

however, you might need to adjust /etc/logrotate.d/roundcube-core that user/group matches.
    If it complains for any reasons, try adding
    su username groupname
    to the context

17. ztk.me

Access denied for user 'roundcube'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
    : PHP Warning: config.inc.php was not found. in
    indicates it wasn't able to include it's db-config, you may need to correct open_basedir paths

18. Sion.Savior

Sion.Savior New Member

thank you for your support!

i have reset the permission now i become a white screen and in the nginx error log following lines
    I have fixed the permission error of the log files
    but now i have a unsupported databse driver
    i try to fix this too .. but for now .. i havent found a solution

19. ztk.me

sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: include_once(/etc/roundcube/debian-db.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in

your script have no permission either to open it because of chmod / chown / chgrp permissions or it wasn't able to find it due to open_basedir restrictions, that's why you have no database driver configured at all hence the message "no supported driver"

20. Sion.Savior

Sion.Savior New Member

i have found the error:
    The Filepermission was 0640 by default.
    I changed the permission to 0644 and the error is gone .. seems to workl fine now.

And thank you for your support!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Richard Foley likes this.