Roundcube "DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!"

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by laptop_user, Jul 5, 2013.

1. laptop_user

laptop_user Member

Hi everyone,

So today I update my Debian Squeeze to Wheezy and update my ispconfig to latest 3.0.5.2.

I can't login to webmail after update so I guess I need to reinstall roundcube.
    I follow this tutorial here http://www.howtoforge.com/using-roundcube-webmail-with-ispconfig-3-on-debian-wheezy-apache2 and somehow there's no step to enter roundcube user password.

Code:
    MySQL application password for roundcube: <-- roundcubesqlpassword
    - wizard don't show me the step above.

and also I get error because existing roundcube database has already existed so I drop it and created a new one with
    Code:
    dpkg-reconfigure roundcube-core

I try to login to roundcube database via phpmyadmin but failed. So I guess probably the password is wrong or something so I ran
    Code:
    vi /etc/roundcube/debian-db.php
    and add my own password:
    Code:
    $dbpass='mypassword';
    but unfortunately nothing change. I can't login to roundcube db via phpmyadmin.

So now my problem is my website roundcube www.hello.com/webmail is giving me this error:
    Code:
    DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

Unable to connect to the database!
    Please contact your server-administrator.
    Now I'm not sure in what way I can troubleshoot? Anyone know how to solve this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  2. laptop_user

laptop_user Member

The issue has been resolved. I login to console as root and then change the roundcube user password manually.

Thanks everyone :)